New From Central KS

cooptire

Hi All:

I an new to this forum and a new to owning a tractor. I just bought a used Montana 2740 with a FEL that has 144 hours on it. I bought it with a 6' bush hog, 6' finish mower, 5' box blade and a set of well built, homemade brush/pallet forks.

Just now browsing around and learning the ropes and will start the process of learning to hook up the 3-point attachments. Should be interesting and involve a little blood loss I'm guessing.

Anyhoo, Hello. :wave:

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Howdy & Welcome aboard Coop . Theres a few other Kansans as well as a bunch of great folks on here as well If you run into problems , Holler . Bob :tiphat:

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum. If you don't already know..........:nopics:

We love tractor pictures

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi coop and welcome to Net Tractor Talk. I'm glad you found us ...and welcome to the world of being a tractor owner. :D You are going to love it. :thumb: :D

cooptire

Thanks for the warm welcome. Pictures will be forthcoming, as requested. But not of the tractor while it was stuck yesterday! :pat: It wasn't that soft when the kids were driving the golf cart on it!:oops:

I live just north of Hutch.

urednecku

Thanks for the warm welcome. Pictures will be forthcoming, as requested. But not of the tractor while it was stuck yesterday! :pat: It wasn't that soft when the kids were driving the golf cart on it!:oops:

I live just north of Hutch.

Ya kiddin'? THAT'S the best kinda pic's!!

Oh yea, welcome aboard!!

cooptire

I could barely take the kidding and laughing from my 4 kids, without putting up permanent proof of my mistake for the whole world to see!:biggrin:

Erik

Just outside of Hutch - you've got a GREAT resource in your backyard if that's true!
Welcome to the forums.
The 2740 is a nice machine, but the operator platform is a bit tight for me. :)
and don't worry about getting stuck - that's what the FEL is for! (we've all done it - just ask Doc)
More Kansans is a good thing - one of these days we may have to gang up and have a BBQ or some such.

Hi All:

I bought it with a 6' bush hog, 6' finish mower, 5' box blade and a set of well built, homemade brush/pallet forks.

Should be interesting and involve a little blood loss I'm guessing.
Hello and welcome Coop, looks like you've jump in with a good arsenal of implements to keep your tractor busy.

Get you a good pair of gloves, that will aid in the reduction of blood loss. :wink:

Red Beard

Coop, hope your having fun with your 2740 and that the bleeding has stopped!:)
Nica, finally dragged yourself back to civilization? Good to here from you! We need some good Mule Stories!!:)

Nicahawk

Mule stories will be coming

Coop, hope your having fun with your 2740 and that the bleeding has stopped!:)
Nica, finally dragged yourself back to civilization? Good to here from you! We need some good Mule Stories!!:)

in the future. Their doing great and still hang around when I let them out.

cooptire

Just outside of Hutch - you've got a GREAT resource in your backyard if that's true!

Who or what would that resource be?

Welcome to the forums.
The 2740 is a nice machine, but the operator platform is a bit tight for me. :)
and don't worry about getting stuck - that's what the FEL is for! (we've all done it - just ask Doc)

More Kansans is a good thing - one of these days we may have to gang up and have a BBQ or some such.

Sounds like a great idea.

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Welcome bro.

Don't worry about the kids giving you hell about getting stuck. Post some pictures on here and we'll all give you more shit than you can move move with a FEL and a bucket. What do they say, "Misery loves company" and "There are no new mistakes". We've all been stuck at one time or another, in one shape or form ... apart from me that is. I'm never going to admit to it anyway if, per chance, it did happen. Of course, there was the time that it took 2 other tractors and a one ton, dually 4x4 to get me out of the wallow that I ran into. That, obviously wasn't my fault. It was the fault of the hogs (and rain) that created it in the first place ... of course. :yum::yum::yum:

Stick around and have fun.

cooptire

Well, I have a "Pump & Dump" style of geothermal HVAC system and I am trying to drag a ditch from where the water comes out of the pipe to the pond, a distance of about 50 yards. Since we are using the heater, it is very wet right now and I'm quite sure that getting stuck is in my future. :yuk:

Pictures will be forthcoming if (when) it happens.