Seat breaking down on X900

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
My X900 is only three years old, 600+ hours, and the driver's seat has cracks developing along the side and the top. I've put vinyl adhesive on the them and that seems to have slowed, but not stopped, the progression. It is just on the seat bottom.
Has anyone else experienced this problem? What have you done if you have this problem? I have not yet looked for seat covers because I really hate sloppy fitting covers. I have a glass windshield and roof but no doors so having the foam interior exposed will result in a wet seat!
Thanks for what idea and suggestions you can provide.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm with ya on seat covers, but finding no other solution I broke down and tried one on my camo RTV900. I was pleasantly surprised. The cover was camo print that matched the RTV and it stayed tight. The back of it had a tab to staple under the seat and that helped a lot. I got it on ebay, and do not remember which seller.
My problem now is that I sold that RTV and my RTV 1140 seat is having similar issues. So I need a solution for that. Last month I saw an orange camo seat cover on amazon made to work on our orange RTV's. It looked good, and price was $10 more than I paid on ebay.

https://www.amazon.com/Durafit-Seat...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B01FECW6I2

They say it fits the 900's. The seat in my 1140 looks just like the 900 but I have not checked further to ensure the cover would work on mine.

Here are some of the reviews of the covers:

Amazon Customer
5.0 out of 5 starsJust Cool. Highlights your whole rig.
July 29, 2017
Verified Purchase
The Bomb. Fit well. Bench is easy to install. Back is easier if you take the bolts loose. Looks great!
Comment|Was this review helpful to you?
Yes

No
Report abuse
Paul olson
5.0 out of 5 starsFive Stars
October 4, 2017
Verified Purchase
Fits like it was factory.had tons of compliments. Looks custom on an orange kubota.
Yes

No
Report abuse
Patricia Ogle
March 5, 2017
Verified Purchase
Excellent. Easy to put on the seat. Fits well. Very durable. My husband loves it.
Yes

No
Report abuse
Melanie Zaleski
May 30, 2017
Verified Purchase
It fits perfect very snug and looks great on the orange kubota

Lee1935

Seats have always been a problem with Kubota, both backs of my X900 were replaced when they were new and had never left the dealers. Shoddy workmanship and very shoddy inspections as the units are being unboxed.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
there was some discussion here a couple years ago i think about the seats cracking on the new then RTV seats. finally they surmised that some treatment like armor all was causing premature failure. on my 2014 X1100c the seats still look new and all i have ever used on them was my posterior. it sits out 24-7. ???do you use Armor All???

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
My 2011 RTV900xt cracked at the edge where I slide on and off . I realize that is 6 1/2 years of wear and tear and to be expected... but the original crack on the driver's side edge showed stress from just a few months old. I tell you what though, since the temperature fell to 12 or maybe lower the past 2 weeks ago, I have been bombarded with cracks everywhere- sideways up and down all over the place. I only had the side crack till then (remember past pictures with my duct tape "stored" on side of seat (Dennis does ) ;) ) but with that awful cold weather, it has cracked everywhere like crazy terrible. The back is fine.
I'm interested in one of these seat covers too. I don't really want to spend several hundreds of dollars for a seat doomed to crack like this... I wonder if the uv might also have something to do with this.... I noticed my headlight covers were also crazing significantly as well. I don't use protectants much at all.
I weigh in at 112 so it not the weight. bordercollie

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
I am sure the below zero weather doesn't help, but my cracks originally developed over the summer. I am in and out many times a day so I am sure that is some of the reason, but not after just three years! I may have put ArmorAll on them. Thanks for the tip Aurthuritis! The X900 has two bucket seats so the links to seat covers that you all so thoughtfully offered don't fit. I'll keep looking!!

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I think I'm going to check with an upholstery shop. The 2011 has an odd shaped bottom seat. It will probably be a few months before I get to south Jackson where it is, but when I do, I will check on the cost and report back . collie

Got these from the Kubota dealership for my x1100c and have been real happy with them.

Attachments

• seatcover.jpg
    seatcover.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 98
They are a couple of years old and have held up very good- from what I recall they were around $100. Don't have a part number for them - local Kubota dealership ordered them for me.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
there was some discussion here a couple years ago i think about the seats cracking on the new then RTV seats. finally they surmised that some treatment like armor all was causing premature failure. on my 2014 X1100c the seats still look new and all i have ever used on them was my posterior. it sits out 24-7. ???do you use Armor All???

I have used ArmorAl a few times. Might be the problem. My B7800 seat is 15 years old and is just now showing its age. I've treated it the same way.