back hoe teeth

workinallthetime

H & L foundry here in tulsa makes some dang good ones and has what seemed to be a bazilloin designs when i was there buying teeth for my tooth bar. cost me 190.00 for 5 teeth, 5 shanks, and 5 pins but these are 7" x 2.5" inch teeth like would go on an excavator and they are 2 piece. the ones i bought from kubota were 98.00 bucks for 3 for my old bx23. Let me know if you need any info from them I will see if i can dig it up.

shinnlinger

Working has the right idea.

An equipment shop that deals with excavators and the like will have what you need. Very heavy duty and not likely to wear out anytime soon... but shop around,(or ask a couple of heavy equipment owner/operators) my local place wanted three times what I ended up paying for for my excavator teeth, and the other guy (Jordan equipment near concord New Hampshire) drove an hour one way to deliver mine and helped install them at no extra charge.

Which I suppose brings up other considerations. I would go as local as possible as Shipping on teeth probably won't be cheap, and some models of teeth are alot easier to install than others, so it pays to compare. Some designs you need to heat with a torch and "crimp" with a hammer and punch. most have pins of different designs that hold the outer cap on. Some need a special tool to remove a horeshoe shaped pin, others have barbed pins and rubber which can be driven with a hammer and punch but no special equipment, which can be handy when you are away from the shop and a tooth dissapears.

Last edited:

Dougster

Old Member
Working has the right idea.

An equipment shop that deals with excavators and the like will have what you need. Very heavy duty and not likly to wear out anytime soon... but shop around,(or ask a couple of heavy equipment owner/operators) my local place wanted three times what I ended up paying for for my excavator teeth, and the other guy drove an hour one way to deliver mine and helped install them at no extra charge.

NOw that is service!
Mama Mia!!! :eek: Please PM me that latter guy's name if he is anywhere near Taxachusetts!!! :thumb:

Dougster

shinnlinger

Dougster,

JOrdan Equipment has three locations, 2 in maine(portland and bangor) and the one closest to you is in Pembroke 603-228-3377.

I should point out he drove up here for less than $35 worth of loot!

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster, Jordan Equipment has three locations, 2 in maine(portland and bangor) and the one closest to you is in Pembroke 603-228-3377.

I should point out he drove up here for less than $35 worth of loot!
Not a bad drive at all. :) Time for a "Live Free or Die" run anyway! I'll give them a call and see if they've got what I'm looking for! :thumb: Thanks!!! :wave:

Dougster