Oh my God, I got banned

J

johnday

Was just reading about Markham/Melissa being banned from TalibanByNet. Myself, and a number of others were banned a couple years ago.
I think it's rather humourous anymore, and I remember the hell some of us tried raising over there.
Who all suffered a similar fate? And why? If it opens any personal wounds, forgive me in advance. I think it all should be in good humour.
My self, I was banned because I solicited other members to take a look at FF thru private messages. Now, private to me means just that. I had no clue More ham or mud would be so paranoid as to read private messages from one member to another. I meant no harm, but here is the result. I rejoined TBN under the user name of Smaug. You know, the dragon from Lord of the Rings. Well couldn't contain myself, and More Ham or Mud checked my whatever you call it, computer ID if you will, and pop, I was gone again. Never bothered anymore with them. Oh yeah, CountrybyNet was the other site I was banned from due to my sins at TBN. Oh my, what a vicious little circle.:fart2:

Hence I've been at FF since the beginning, except for a protracted absence, and now here as well. Sorry guys, but I gotta go somewhere.:sorry: Doc has done a great job here, and I'm comfortable with the "free" thinkers, and even some of the "non-thinkers" we have.:yum::tiphat::beer::beer::beer:

Anyone have a horror story of their own?

kennyd

I was banned for 24 hours once...for posting a picture of what I wanted to dress up as for Halloween. I was told it was "offensive"

What say you?

Attachments

• SheepGuy (Medium)1.jpg
    SheepGuy (Medium)1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 410

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
With as many members as they have I can't imagine the headache of trying to keep up with reading PM's. :bonk:
I was banned for posting a thread about FF. Saying we could discuss what was not allowed on TBN. I had no intentions of leaving TBN, I really enjoyed that site. I did send one PM to Junk, but that was it. I also asked Muhammad about advertising my new site. No reply, and no explanation for me being banned. If they had not banned me I never would have started Net Tractor Talk, of that I am sure.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I was banned for 24 hours once...for posting a picture of what I wanted to dress up as for Halloween. I was told it was "offensive"

What say you?

:yum: I have to clean off my screen ... you caught me with a mouthful of pop. :hide:

J

johnday

Good one Kenny, you must be Scottish as well as me! Can't wait to hear what Mith has to say!!:tiphat::beer::beer::beer:

ghautz

I joined over there several years ago. I was looking for a forum for political discussions and posted there for suggestions. I had seen a post with the term "forumsforums" but it disappeared before I went back for a link. I got a couple of PMs from a couple of TBN refugees suggesting FF and I signed up. I deleted those messages. If you were one of the senders, I offer you my most serious apologies for causing you the grief of being banned:sorry: [insert appropriate "facetious" smiley here]

Av8r3400

I haven't been banned, yet (as far as I know). I haven't logged on there in a year or more. So I would be free to bird-dog information for anyone there.

Drop me a PM here or on FF.

J

johnday

I haven't been banned, yet (as far as I know). I haven't logged on there in a year or more. So I would be free to bird-dog information for anyone there.

Drop me a PM here or on FF.
At one time, that offer as a "SPY", [say that with a glazed look on your face, and a German accent], would have exiled you to a life of damnation and FF.

I'd have hoped that Moe, Ham, or Mud would have grownup a bit in the last 3 years, and joined forces, if you will, with the rest of us. Guess I need to growup as well a bit, eh?:pat::tiphat::beer::beer:

J

johnday

ghautz; Yah, I think I did send you a pm over there. But please, don't feel bad about it.

Looking back again. I'd started a thread over there that went on quite a bit. Old age has removed the title from memory. I think that may have raised a flag to Moe, Ham, or Mud. From what I understand, your pm's are available to viewing from the sites owner/admin. Oh man!!!! That means Doc can read my pm's. And even worse, Mith!!!:yum::shitHitsFan::yum::yum:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
John,
At the time when I started FF TBN was run on something other than VB software. But no matter, all PM's are part of the database and with the right querey you can view anything in the DB.
Now with VB software they have what is called a 'hack' that allows the admins to read anyones PM's. I've never installed that hack. If I did I would have to change the name of PM's from private messages to SPM's Semi Private Messages, plus, I do not have time nor desire to wade through members PM's. I am lucky to have a good group of members on all my forums. When another member starts spamming PM's someone will forward that PM to a mod or admin and we take it from there. It works for me. :thumb: :D

ghautz

ghautz; Yah, I think I did send you a pm over there. But please, don't feel bad about it...

I didn't want to name names. I wasn't sure who would be unhappier--Doc or Muhammed. Someone said the average IQ of both groups dropped when I came over here.:respect:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
:yum: Funny Greg. I think our IQ level went up and theirs dropped. :thumb:

don't we have bird here now? I wonder if that is bird from TBN. I doubt they banned de bird man though. :confused:

I was banned from Discuss Cooking. BEST thing that ever happened to me! (except for that woman I met at The Cadillac Ranch)

Mith

I was banned then re-instated at TBN. I dont go over there much though, I prefer the small-town feel of this site, and I trust the advice of the members here. There is alot of misinformation being taken as fact over there. Certainly, people do make mistakes, I'm sure I've given bad advice, but atleast here you know someone will jump in and correct you.

rback33

I was banned then re-instated at TBN. I dont go over there much though, I prefer the small-town feel of this site, and I trust the advice of the members here. There is alot of misinformation being taken as fact over there. Certainly, people do make mistakes, I'm sure I've given bad advice, but atleast here you know someone will jump in and correct you.

That's no lie. I made a post over there a while back that might have gotten me banned, but edited it at the suggestion of PB. I don't go over there much for that reason alone.

jwstewar

Staff member
I still go over there and look around, but not like I used to. I don't post very often either. I get tired of ** & his I *** it this way and that is why I bought ****** garbage. Glad he didn't stick around too long here.

Self moderated to protect the annoying.:hide: