This is Out of Control!!! *FOUR* Cards!!! :)

Dougster

Old Member
This is totally out of control!!! ;) Now I am starting to think that maybe you folks are actually trying to KILL your one and only OLD MEMBER with DELICIOUS GOURMET CAFFIENE!!! :eek: Funny thing is... it might actually work!!! :pat: I am turning into a Starbucks :starbucks: Coffee addict HERE!!! :shock: I'm now on a first name basis with the entire staff of "baristas" at the local Starbucks!!! :mrgreen: That cannot be a really good thing long-term!!! :yum: Help Jay Help!!! :biggrin:

Seriously, many thanks YET AGAIN to that Big Red Beast drivin' aircraft mechanic lady from the Lone Star state and her infamous & trusty doggie Booger!!! :tiphat:

Mucho Gracious!!! :thumb:

Dougster :starbucks:

Attachments

• OhMyGod4.jpg
    OhMyGod4.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 287

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats Dougster! :yum: Watch out, you might get addicted. :D

Dougster

Old Member
Congrats Dougster! :yum: Watch out, you might get addicted. :D
Might get addicted??? :confused:

Seems almost a statistical certainty at this point. :rolleyes: Those "baristas" start pouring now just as soon as they see my hideous old car pulling up to the front door. That cannot be a good sign. :eek:

No STARBUCKS coffee in my world. I'm not one of those high fallootin' YUPPIE/YANKEE up-scale high end gormet brand mega-buck sorta guys. Heck, I don't even drink cawfee:puke1: (My morning refreshment of choice is a caffine free Diet Pepsi) But, in the spirit of giving, I'm willing to send you a link to "nearest McDonalds locator" and my AARP # if that'll satisfy your high dollar taste buds!:yum: :yum: :yum:

Dougster

Old Member
No STARBUCKS coffee in my world. I'm not one of those high fallootin' YUPPIE/YANKEE up-scale high end gormet brand mega-buck sorta guys. Heck, I don't even drink cawfee:puke1: (My morning refreshment of choice is a caffine free Diet Pepsi) But, in the spirit of giving, I'm willing to send you a link to "nearest McDonalds locator" and my AARP # if that'll satisfy your high dollar taste buds!:yum: :yum: :yum:
There is no question that Starbucks is feelin' the pain from McDonald's new upgraded coffee.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/31/b...r=1&ref=business&pagewanted=print&oref=slogin

But Starbucks :starbucks: Coffee remains the official coffee of Dougster & Dougster Worldwide Construction Services even though I still happen to consider Starbuck's alternative Seattle's Best brand to have superior taste. Problem is there are no Seattle's Best shops anywhere around here anymore. :(

If I lose my local Starbucks, I am in big trouble. It's bad enough that I currently burn approximately $2.00 worth of fuel in the old A.R.E. to get to Starbucks and back (obviously far more in the plow & ballast box-outfitted pick-up truck). The next closest Starbucks would require a $4.75 fuel burn round trip. :eek:

rback33

OK Junk.. I am with you on this one. My morning (and afternoon and evening) refreshments need to be cold. It's plain old Pepsi this morning, but could be Mountain Dew or Dr Pepper just the same....:cool:

Dougster

Old Member
OK Junk.. I am with you on this one. My morning (and afternoon and evening) refreshments need to be cold. It's plain old Pepsi this morning, but could be Mountain Dew or Dr Pepper just the same....:cool:
You folks just don't know what you're missing!!! :rolleyes: Hopefully, someday you will earn enough of them thar Rep Points thinghys to earn a gift certificate for a cup of Starbucks :starbucks: Coffee. It will open your eyes, turn your whole world around... and show you the gross error of your ways! :thumb:

You folks just don't know what you're missing!!! :rolleyes: Hopefully, someday you will earn enough of them thar Rep Points thinghys to earn a gift certificate for a cup of Starbucks :starbucks: Coffee. It will open your eyes, turn your whole world around... and show you the gross error of your ways! :thumb:

Cawfee SMELLS OK, but that TASTE....Uuuuuugh!:puke1: Just cain't do that to myself.:sorry:

Doc says no caffine, so my DIET PEPSI got down-graded to the Caffine free stuff.

No sugar
No caffine
No salt
No fats
no ect....

I may or may NOT live longer, but with all these restrictions, it's sure to SEEM longer.

Dougster

Old Member
Cawfee SMELLS OK, but that TASTE....Uuuuuugh!:puke1: Just cain't do that to myself.:sorry:

Doc says no caffine, so my DIET PEPSI got down-graded to the Caffine free stuff.

No sugar
No caffine
No salt
No fats
no ect....

I may or may NOT live longer, but with all these restrictions, it's sure to SEEM longer.
Now that's where I have just plain given up on doctors and the popular media! Today ya read something is bad... and tomorrow you read the same thing is good. Or exactly the opposite sequence. And everyday it seems to be something different. I eat what I can afford and drink what I can afford! :thumb: Yes, I take my HBP pills when I can afford them... but life is too short to live it with a bunch of dubious dietary restrictions! My old man didn't follow any and he is still alive and kickin' today! I plan to follow the exact same (non-)plan! :cool:

Dougster

Old Member

Paul,
I just heard the Dougster jump off the roof. :yum: :starbucks:
Already read essentially that same story from another source (See Post 5 above)... but I quote from yours:

The company has said that it plans to open 2,500 stores this fiscal year, with 1,600 in the U.S. That number is about 100 fewer U.S. stores than originally planned. While Schultz would not give details about how many stores he plans to close, he said it would be significantly lower than the slowdown in store openings, and that he has no plans to vacate entire markets.

After all is said and done, it doesn't appear that I need to be too awfully worried! :)

jbrumberg

Dougster:

You obviously positively impact on people :respect: . Enjoy your :starbucks: , but watch the BP. Have a great weekend with GF. When you get back we should "talk" about your caffeine induced "overexuberance" :rolleyes: . Just so you know how I feel about :starbucks: ; everytime I come/came back from Costa Rica I bring/brought back between 8 and 14 kilos of beans. I just ran out of my CR stuff :eek: yesterday . Luckily I am able to get my old "fall back" Sumatran bean from a local roaster :wink: . Jay :letitsnow:

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster:

You obviously positively impact on people :respect: . Enjoy your :starbucks: , but watch the BP. Have a great weekend with GF. When you get back we should "talk" about your caffeine induced "overexuberance" :rolleyes: . Just so you know how I feel about :starbucks: ; everytime I come/came back from Costa Rica I bring/brought back between 8 and 14 kilos of beans. I just ran out of my CR stuff :eek: yesterday . Luckily I am able to get my old "fall back" Sumatran bean from a local roaster :wink: . Jay :letitsnow:
It is good to have a therapist (and weatherman) who understands my gourmet coffee needs! :)

My mental health is in good hands! ;)

jbrumberg

I am going to have to try some of that Starbucks stuff :starbucks: coffee that is one of these days. I did do a Starbucks "double" double expresso once in NoHo a couple of years ago :eek: . I think I scared a lot of the regulars there :ohmy: (Those artist types are pretty excitable :eek2: .). I have not been back :sorry:. The trouble for me is I have to go to in the Ol' Dougster's own words "The Belly of the Beast, MoonBeam, USA". Jay :letitsnow:

Dougster

Old Member
I am going to have to try some of that Starbucks stuff :starbucks: coffee that is one of these days. I did do a Starbucks "double" double expresso once in NoHo a couple of years ago :eek: . I think I scared a lot of the regulars there :ohmy: (Those artist types are pretty excitable :eek2: .). I have not been back :sorry:. The trouble for me is I have to go to in the Ol' Dougster's own words "The Belly of the Beast, MoonBeam, USA". Jay :letitsnow:
Oh but it should be worth it Jay! ;) Heck, you are a psychological therapist... right??? You probably see worse cases than the inhabitants of Moonbat City almost every day of the week... yes??? :D

Or at least 1 or 2 such cases annually??? :rolleyes:

jbrumberg

It was a lot more interesting as well as entertaining when the old State Hospital was in existence and "good" residents were allowed day passes to NoHo :yum: . I knew all of those unique individuals; we would hang out together sometimes in town (for brief periods). Dougster there are quite a few fruit loops in NoHo nowadays :eek: . To be honest I prefered the company of a good old fashioned psychotic once in awhile :pat: . I think I will give NoHo :starbucks: a shot next week when I drive down there. I hope no one remembers me. I'll definitely post about it. Jay:letitsnow: Nice sleet storm going on right now.

Dougster

Old Member
It was a lot more interesting as well as entertaining when the old State Hospital was in existence and "good" residents were allowed day passes to NoHo :yum: . I knew all of those unique individuals; we would hang out together sometimes in town (for brief periods). Dougster there are quite a few fruit loops in NoHo nowadays :eek: . To be honest I prefered the company of a good old fashioned psychotic once in awhile :pat: . I think I will give NoHo :starbucks: a shot next week when I drive down there. I hope no one remembers me. I'll definitely post about it. Jay:letitsnow: Nice sleet storm going on right now.
It is rather nasty here too. Nothing plowable, of course... but it certainly is keeping me indoors. :rolleyes: Lord knows I can't afford to take another spill. It's become far too much of a habit lately. :eek:

I think you are right: It is time for you to get out of the house and take a ride down to the Big City even if it is Moonbat City. Time to go find some civilization even if it is that loony leftist utopian city not far from where I attended college seemingly billions of years ago. You want to live in the Happy Valley... it's part and parcel of the deal! :)

At least you don't have to put up with insane Eastern MA traffic. :rolleyes: