Tz22da oil

mak104

Can anyone tell me what type and weight of engine oil to use in a TZ22da that can be purchased at the auto parts store? I bought this used and don't have a local dealer to get Ambra from.Thanks.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to Net Tractor Talk. I use synthetic but I do not know the TZ22da so I am hesitant to recommend that for you.

jwstewar

Staff member
I have a TC-24D, but I would assume they spec the same oil. I typically buy the 10W30 Ambra, but I did buy some 10w30 from Napa when I first got it. I was more expensive than the New Holland oil. I've since found Rural King carries Shell Rotella 10w30 diesel oil. I've bought a jug of it, but haven't used it yet as I'm still depleting my inventory of Ambra.

BTW, according to my manual on the 24, you can use 15W40 above 32 (I think) degrees. For anything colder and general use you can use the 10W30. I just use 10W30 year round so that I don't have to worry about changing it when it gets cold if it isn't time. It gets used year round (though less in the winter) so I don't worry about changing it in the fall. I change it based on hour meter.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I'm assuming it's a diesel. If so I would use a diesel rated oil. Mine calls for 15W40 like Jim's post above. I've never used 10W30 in the winter but it's an idea.

mak104

Thanks.It's a diesel.I've never owned anything with a diesel before and I need to learn some basics.