Han-d Pump

jwstewar

Staff member
Yep, I know that feeling all to well. :)

When it comes the fittings will all be seperate, so they won't be put together. So if you have the tape ahead of time, it won't be a big deal to apply it before you put it together. I'll get to reassemble mine, but that isn't that big of deal. I just put them on hand tight any way.

fishrman

Sounds like you think you need a special type of tape for this application. Do you know where a guy could find some?

fishrman

I would recommend a thread sealant rather than a tape for any diesel fuel application. Small pieces of teflon tape can come off which could clog small orfices in the fuel system. Here are several by Permatex: http://www.permatex.com/products/Automotive/thread_compounds/a_thread_sealants.htm. Several different ones can be found at most tractor dealers.

Good luck

Fred
Thanks Fred! :tiphat:
I picked up my new one from Harbor Freight today and got the same deal after the 20% discount! My tractor is clear full right now and I don't anticipate using it for awhile so that will give me some time to find the proper sealant. I will check with a friend of mine who is a big farmer and keeps lots of stuff on hand first. Thanks.

GerryK

I lost my tube into the tank also. Ended up having to remove the fuel sender and fishing it out with one of those four jawed pickup gizmo's. I am glad that's over with.

fishrman

Ok, I have my new 12 volt pump all put together and turned it on just to make sure it would run. It does sound pretty good and pumps strong! I am convinced I need to put some sort of screen on the intake side though. The one they provide is just a little to big to fit into a 5 gallon container. Any great ideas? The inside is 3/4 inch. Outside must be 1 inch or better. I was thinking of maybe just putting a piece of screen over the hose with a hose clamp. Not even positive that wil fit into the 5 gallon container though.

BoneheadNW

I filled the tractor with diesel yesterday and got doused with fuel for the last time. The metal spout on my jerry can has never worked correctly and I will ceremoniously torture it when my Super Siphon arrives. Thanks for the heads up Doc!
Bone

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Your welcome Bone. Hope you like yours as much as I like mine. It's a keeper in my book. :thumb: :D

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Doc, what do you do to keep that siphon clean? It seems like it would need its own storage bag to keep dust out of the fuel and avoid diesel stains on a shop shelf.

For fuel jugs I prefer the plastic buckets that tractor trans/hydraulic fluid comes in. The lids have a spout that pulls out a couple of inches.

I rotate the bucket with its spout at the top when I start to pour, and pour into a giant funnel. The funnel is tall so the bucket is tipped only a little to start.

I've found this easier than rasseling a fuel can with a long spout where the volume of fuel is hard to control without the spout slipping out of the opening. Plus those spout assemblies are a nuisance at the gas station trying to keep fuel off my hands. Eliminate a spout, and several problems go away.

Pouring from any container is easier using a short stepladder to go up and hold the container at waist level.

I don't use enough volume to justify an electric pump but one sure would be nice!

jwstewar

Staff member
OK guys it has taken me awhile but I finally found it.:clap:

I'm still using the Harbor Freight pump that I posted it earlier, it is still working great, but only for diesel. That is the only thing I use for diesel.

I was on another forum and forum and we were talking about gas cans and the E-Z Pour spouts - which by the way are great and cheap enough at Rural King for $8. But I wanted to post a picture of the Han-P pump that I originally asked about in this thread. Well, look what I found: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Lubrimatic-55001-Pump--Fluid-Lubricants/dp/B0055DNXSI/ref=sr_1_159?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1364309713&sr=1-159"]Han-D Pump[/ame] It has a new name now, but it is the same thing. I just ordered 3 of them. I figure if I leave 2 of them wrapped and don't put them in fuel, they will last and use the one for gas. I'm a happy camper. BTW, for 3 of them including shipping was less than $20.