Update??

rback33

As many of you know things have been VERY busy for me lately and I have not spent much time around here. I was wondering if there were updates to the health and welfare of our dear friends? Jay, Junk? Where is Dougster anyway? As far as my grandma goes things have not really changed. Still liquid food and she is hanging in there with that. My wife's Grandma is starting to do some of the same things too. My grandpa has finally gone down hill too. He can't remember ANYTHING. Someone is taking over his bill paying now. I think (know) grandma has taken a toll on him and after eating with him last week I think he kind of wishes it was over. I hope the spring finds you all healthy, hearty and tractor happy.:wave:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
FWJ is doing good. He posted an update last week for the latest info.

Dougster has left the building. He got upset after one of his posts was criticized / complained about.

Jay ....what's up with Jay. I must've forgot. :pat:

Here I am!!!! It's been a rough go here lately, but there's light at the end of the tunnel. I went in for round 2 of the radiation treatment this morning. A couple more and I can power a typical 3 bedroom home for a month:yum: Had another digital prostate exam this morning too. :hide: No fun to speak of there either. And just for sh... & giggles, I had a catheter inserted so they could view the inside of the bladder. That was yesterday. That's just about as enjoyable as it sounds:eek: , begging the answer to this question, why would anyone spend thousands of dollars, millions of hours, and all of their efforts to become a UROLOGIST:shitHitsFan: Just glad mine did.

Lab report on current PSA numbers due back next monday.

Weight down total of 28 lbs so far. More to follow.

Blood sugar averaging between 85 and 105 after an episode with bad test strips causing a bout with a bad attitude on my part. (They read 50 to 75 points high. Thought all my efforts were wasted)

Cholesterol/triglyseride #'s looking VERY good in only 2 months. (Atta-boys from my MD on that one)

And best of all, with positive's on all accounts, my general attitude and confidence level is on the upswing. At first, I didn't know what was going to happen. Every turn saw ANOTHER bad test result. Now we're on the way back. Looks like my spring and summer isn't going to get wiped out after all. :wink:

I would like to thank EVERYONE who's been pulling for me through this. I'm doing OK, and only want to spend a certain amount of time dwelling on the subject. It's not that I'm trying to hide from it, just that I want to occupy my mind with other things when I can. Believe me, I've spent enough time worrying and fretting. Now I want to think about gardening, baling hay, and spending quality time with my family and friends.

Archdean

""I would like to thank EVERYONE who's been pulling for me through this. I'm doing OK, and only want to spend a certain amount of time dwelling on the subject. It's not that I'm trying to hide from it, just that I want to occupy my mind with other things when I can. Believe me, I've spent enough time worrying and fretting. Now I want to think about gardening, baling hay, and spending quality time with my family and friends.""

YOU JUST DID!!:tiphat:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good news indeed FWJ. :thumb:
Be sure to check out Mith's latest project. I think you'll like it.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Great news FWJ. We can all see that you don't dwell on the situation here. Keep up the good work. Nice to see positives.
Just be glad your urologist didn't play basketball in college and he was the one with a handspread of 18" :yum: doing that prostate exam.

Great news FWJ. We can all see that you don't dwell on the situation here. Keep up the good work. Nice to see positives.
Just be glad your urologist didn't play basketball in college and he was the one with a handspread of 18" :yum: doing that prostate exam.

Uh... this guy can probably palm a bowling ball. HUGE hands. That was the first thing I noticed when he popped that rubber glove as said BEND OVER:pat:

jbrumberg

I am still around everyone. I still spend a lot of my time going to the doctors, the pharmacy, tests, taking a lot of pills, and shots. I have been checking in, but have not had a lot of physical energy to do much responding here and/or anywhere. The side effects from the Prednisone and some of the other medications are creating daily challenges. I used to joke about "manopause", now I am experiencing menopause ("hot flashes" are "interesting"). My blood sugars have been all over the place due to the prednisone- I can range between 40 and 258, but I finger stick myself 6+ times a day and adjust my diabetes medictions accordingly. I always check before I operate tools and equipment, tractor, and/or drive anywhere. Having said this the doctors treating me are "blown away" by how well I am managing this BOOP/Prednisone/sugar thing. I scan to the diabetes clinic my weekly blood sugar readings. I report to my pulmonologist my 02 stats which now run consistently in the 97% - 98% range while "under load". It appears that I am now in a "retirement mode of operation" as a life style, and I am learning to take advantage of the "free" time available. On the positive and there are quite a few. I have done a lot of snow shoeing (a passion) with doctors' approval this winter on the trails I blazed on my property (limited to 30 minutes), we adopted a male 7 year old 97 pound St. Bernard/German Shepard mix to team up with our 90 pound female German Shepard. They really paired up well and they love snowshoeing. Our cat even likes him which is saying a lot. On the whole I am getting better, I will be on prednisone for a long time, and insulins/metformin forever, but I have a lot of tractor projects pending (with doctor approval as long as I wear a respirator mask), and I am still cooking fancy ass dishes while keeping a calorie and carbohydrate gram count that is within my diet. Jay

FWJ I am glad your situation is normalizing. Hang in there. Jay

PS: I would add more and some smilies, but the gods of the dialup internet are in a bad mood today. I will post more later.

rback33

I am still around everyone. I still spend a lot of my time going to the doctors, the pharmacy, tests, taking a lot of pills, and shots. I have been checking in, but have not had a lot of physical energy to do much responding here and/or anywhere. The side effects from the Prednisone and some of the other medications are creating daily challenges. I used to joke about "manopause", now I am experiencing menopause ("hot flashes" are "interesting"). My blood sugars have been all over the place due to the prednisone- I can range between 40 and 258, but I finger stick myself 6+ times a day and adjust my diabetes medictions accordingly. I always check before I operate tools and equipment, tractor, and/or drive anywhere. Having said this the doctors treating me are "blown away" by how well I am managing this BOOP/Prednisone/sugar thing. I scan to the diabetes clinic my weekly blood sugar readings. I report to my pulmonologist my 02 stats which now run consistently in the 97% - 98% range while "under load". It appears that I am now in a "retirement mode of operation" as a life style, and I am learning to take advantage of the "free" time available. On the positive and there are quite a few. I have done a lot of snow shoeing (a passion) with doctors' approval this winter on the trails I blazed on my property (limited to 30 minutes), we adopted a male 7 year old 97 pound St. Bernard/German Shepard mix to team up with our 90 pound female German Shepard. They really paired up well and they love snowshoeing. Our cat even likes him which is saying a lot. On the whole I am getting better, I will be on prednisone for a long time, and insulins/metformin forever, but I have a lot of tractor projects pending (with doctor approval as long as I wear a respirator mask), and I am still cooking fancy ass dishes while keeping a calorie and carbohydrate gram count that is within my diet. Jay

FWJ I am glad your situation is normalizing. Hang in there. Jay

PS: I would add more and some smilies, but the gods of the dialup internet are in a bad mood today. I will post more later.

Doc said:
Jay ....what's up with Jay. I must've forgot. :pat:

More like what isn't!:eek:

Good to hear things are better for the overall.! Spring has sprung at my house which is helping things a LOT.

jbrumberg

Those 30 minute walks on my property trails are pretty interesting. My woods are still ~1' of hard packed snow, my north facing fields have ~6-8" of snow, and my south facing hill is mostly melted. Of interest at this point before MUD Season is how the snow melt runs through my property. I have some serious tractor seat time planned to address the waterflow in a way that will not get me in trouble with any regulatory body other than SWMBO. She is still pretty upset with my last tree project recently which in a way proves that I must be getting better because now I have sufficient energy to get in trouble again :rolleyes:. Jay :D

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
She is still pretty upset with my last tree project recently which in a way proves that I must be getting better because now I have sufficient energy to get in trouble again :rolleyes:. Jay :D

Good for you Jay, that is a good sign. :D

Sorry I missed the news of your ordeals until this time around. Best wishes Sure sounds like you are handling it well. I sure don't have to tell you to keep up the positive attitude, you are doing a great job of that. :thumb:

Cheers. I'm not sure of your beliefs but I hope you won't mind if I include you in my prayers.

jbrumberg

Thanks Doc :D! All positive thoughts and energies is/are appreciated. The support I have received through this and some other sites helped get me through and keeps me going :respect: . Jay :cool:

Archdean

This tells me as an owner of a Site that a response like this is not a good omen for them!!

""The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.""

I do have some folks that are members there and it is not an ax for me to grind but an open posting of another site that an ex member has joined is a discourtesy to the owner of this one!!

Just my opinion!

Dean

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
No problem with that link posted here Dean. We know the internet is made up of links betweenn all of the forums out there. As long as they don't delete links to here, I will allow links to them. We're all adults here. :D

Archdean

Certainly a magnanimous response on your part Doc and we all know why you and I have been considered persona non Grata on those sites that are shall we say "Non Adult" :mad: in their thinking!! My :tiphat: 's off to you!