Little help please

Well, that wasn't so bad. I have to wait for lab work to return, but the digital exam and latest PSA screen numbers weren't too bad. The urologist seems to think we caught this very early on. I developed a secondary infection (kidney) that contributed to the numbers being elevated. Treating the last of the infection, and looking at treatment options next. It was suggested that the low-level radiation "seeds" would probably take care of things.

My sugar level was 91, weight "officially" down 20lbs, and initial test results looking good. This ain't over 'till the fat lady sings, but she's warming up in the choir room as we speak!

jbrumberg

FWJ:

Great news :thumb:. My late FIL had the "seeds". The side effects were tolerable and this intervention worked well for him. The worst thing one can do with prostrate CA is to do nothing:badidea:. BTW prostrate CA did not do him in. Keep up all the "good" things that you are doing:applause: . Jay :letitsnow:

Missy

:respect: Dear FWJ-

First off, our thoughts and prayers are added to everyone else's here on NTT. And even though we're new to this site, and tractors, just seeing how everyone rallies makes us know we're in the right place.

Happy to hear that things are looking up for you. We'll keep a weather eye on this blog...

rback33

That is some really great news junk! BTW... if SWMBO is still on the no speedo thang and fixing lasagna... she it my way!

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
... urologist seems to think we caught this very early on. ... and initial test results looking good.
FWJ, that sounds like better news than your initial post. That's good to hear!

I had to chuckle at your description of your Dad (and a couple more Dads described here.) Likewise here. Dad drove a 70 Chev (purchased used) and bought most everything at yard sales and thrift stores. Then he would ask me to fix his stuff before he put in service. A new plug on a heater, a matching cap for a fuel can, maybe assemble three wheelbarrows into one nice one. Seven years later and I'm still hauling carloads of stuff out of here that I might get around to fixing and using some day, if only I could find anything right when I need it. It's second nature to repair a tool before use when it's something I haven't needed before. But Dad had invested wisely and when the boom of the late 90's came along, it proved he knew exactly what he was doing.

I think some of that Depression experience that you mention has rubbed off on me. I instinctively survey what's available used then buy new only when there's no alternative. I can have more toys that way, and own admirable quality instead of paying more for new but only good-enough quality. I think timeless classics like your Massey are more interesting than any present day equivalent.

GreenMtns

Hi Bill

Just got back off the road and went to NTT and find you are have this problem. I'm very sorry to hear this and you are in my prayers. I hope all went well with the biopsy yesterday. I had one a few years ago and made a small mistake which I hope you did not repeat. Right in the middle of the procedure I said "now I know true meaning of the term Pain in the ass. The tech, who it seems, was in charge of driving the scope around, started to laugh and I really began to feel the pain in the ass :poke:. Worse of all he could not stop.

I work with a guy who had advanced Prostate Cancer and had the "seeds" and is going strong. No doubt you will too. :fight: :fight:

One thing though...............You gotta post a picture of you in the Speedo's.:yum: :yum: :yum:

Jim Lockes

What a blessed man you are to have such friends. I am new to this and hope you get this message. I also HAD prostate cancer, but I know the healer. I gave it all to him. Worries,Fear,Anxietys and most of all the cancer. I never had any treatment to kill the cancer. When the Dr. removed my enlarged prostate there wasn't a sign of cancer. What an awsome God we serve. All he asks from us is praise and glory goes to him. My prayers also a with you.Jim

HOWDY Folks!

Sorry about the lack of info being passed along. The last month and a half have been VERY hectic to say the least.

Radiation treatments are over (for now at least) Numbers are VERY encouraging. Looks like we beat this thing.

Weight is down 31 lbs so far and still dropping, albiet a little slower now.

Cholesterol/triglyseride numbers are MUCH better but still a little room fpor improvement.

Blood sugar is steady between mid-80's at a low, 110/115 normal and 125/130 highs just after a meal.

My doctor refers to me as the worlds oldest poster child for effort towards good health.

I feel like I've dropped 20 years off my age. Legs feel stronger without the extra weight. I have more energy. My outlook on life has always been good, but the events of the past few months have made me realize what a lucky man I am.

Most of all, my wife doesn't have to worry about me like she did. Throughout this ordeal, I was more concerned about what I was putting HER through.

It's springtime here in Kentucky. Garden is in and growing. The popcorn crop is up and looking good. As soon as we get a forecast of 4 or 5 dry days, the first cutting of alfalfa will hit the ground. We've been bush hogging for near 2 weeks. I actually got to run one of my new tractors for a while saturday.

Life is good:tiphat:

N

Nicahawk

That's really good news! Glad to here the report....thanks for posting.

Nica

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for posting FWJ!!!!! Congrats on everything. :thumb: That is indeed GREAT news!
You are doing a great job my man! Keep up the good work. Losing weight always levels off like that and gets tougher, but keep at it. It will pay off big time. :thumb:

Nick

I guess I got in on this late - but it sounds like you're taking the 'bull by the horns' alright! That high blood sugar only complicates other issues, good job getting numbers much lower! Glad to hear you're on the mend:wink: