Howdy from Kentucky

Howdy gang. Sorry for a long absense. I'll try to be around here more often. Health has been good. Work has been almost overwhelming this summer. Jay and Bindian, what can I say other than I'm pulling for both of you. Life can be tough at times. We just have to try to be tougher.

Doc tells me to start backing off the intense work schedule. So..... Bought a boat. Now it needs WORK:hide:. The Mrs and I both love to fish. Plans are to do some next spring and summer. Time to let the youngin's take the wheel. 4 weeks from yesterday, we'll be hitched for 40 years. Whew! (I sure never thought I'd ever wake up next to a 58 year old woman either:rolleyes:)

That's it for now, I'll be back, hopefully tomorrow!

G'nite!

Bill

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Bill, good to hear from you. Glad your health is doing good. You must be taking care of yourself. Good job!
Glad to hear you are cutting back. But, I have to tell you, boating is real work. It amazes me how much we have to work to get it in the water then we get some relax time, then take it out clean it perform maintenance etc. It will keep you busy, believe me. :D Busy can be a good thing too. :D :thumb:

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Bill, it is great your health is good.

Good luck with the boat! They are a fair amount of work but a lot of fun too. My former boss had a Bertram in Annapolis. He spent every weekend on it but seldom got away from the dock :hide: Seems like there was always some maintenance to do or a new gadget to install.

I would bet that the cost of fuel kept him close this summer. No telling how much diesel that thing sucks up. I was afraid to ask!

I'll post a picture or 3 of the SS Minnow when I get an opportunity. It's an 11' plastic tri-hull 2-man fishing boat. 2 live wells, bilge pump, lights, 2 built-in coolers, 2 swivel seats, and a spot for 2 batteries. Trailer is about what you'd expect for a little boat. No batteries or trolling motor included, I gave $150 at an estate sale. Needs batteries, trolling motor, new seats, anchors, and a depth finder. The Mrs and both like to fish smaller, more secluded lakes. We LOVE Bluegill fishing. This thing is perfect for what we want to do.

All the medical issues are smooth sailing lately. I go back in late Oct for another biopsy. If it shows clean, I'm off the hook there. BP, BS, cholesterol/triglyserides/ect, almost perfect #'s. Doc says I'm in good shape for a man in my condition!:yum: I lost (so far) a total of 44 lbs. Leigh calls me Slim now.

The garden did "ok" this year. Not a banner year, but ok for the most part. I grew some of the best cantelopes I've ever tasted! Green beans were a wash. Tomatoes were slow ripening, but we filled all the canning jars finally.

Mowng business is booming. I'm still active in that, but gradually turning over the day to day operations to my son and son in laws. Events of the last year have made me cherish my time on earth and the time I get to spend with my wife. Maybe it's time to stop and smell the roses:cool:

Bill

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Maybe it's time to stop and smell the roses:cool:

Bill

It sure is Bill. That is something we all need reminded of. We can get so wrapped up in little things that really do not matter and we miss out.
Thanks for the reminder. :thumb:

Enjoy the boat and the water. :D

zionview

Welcome back, FWJ!! Glad to hear everything is going well. I tell my wife I need to cut back, too, but she just adds to the honey-do list.:wave:

ghautz

Good to see you back.

My taste in boats and fishing is like yours. The problem here is the honeydo list keeps growing. If I tell SWMBO I want to smell the roses, she will tell me to plant them and fertilize them first.

olcowhand

Hey there Bill, glad to hear the health is improving. You must have had more rain up there than I...not hardly any grass growing to mow here. Did rain almost 9/10" today after about 40 days of bone dry.
Drop in more often. I'm not in here too often myself, but good to hear from you. :wave:

billbill1

Bill, the wife and I love to fish. We go every weekend and have been on vacation this past week, we fished most everyday. We caught a limit of channel cat this morning in fact (10 each). Our freezer is overflowing right now, need to haul another bunch up to my Mother. She loves catfish. Our tomatoes did good this year, everything else was below average. I quit growing sweet corn, the coons cleaned us out the two previous years, I tried everything and finally gave up.

Erik

mmmmmmmmm.......... catfish, my favorite!
our tomatoes are producing pretty good right now, as are the melons and zuke's.

rback33

Glad things are on the up and up Bill! I don't get over here much, but I do think about you, Jay and Brandi a lot.:tiphat:

Farmwithjunk,:wave:
Glad to hear all the good news.:cool: Send fish.
hugs, Brandi

If we don't get some rain a'fore long, there ain't gonna be anyplace to fish here. No rain since mid August and that wasn't near enought. Less than 2" since early June.

Dryer,n talcum powder on a soda cracker!:pat:

Bindian

If we don't get some rain a'fore long, there ain't gonna be anyplace to fish here. No rain since mid August and that wasn't near enought. Less than 2" since early June.

Farmwithjunk,:wave:
Then please send dried fish. :yum::yum::yum:
hugs, Brandi

olcowhand

Ain't that the truth. Not been this dry since "83"! Even the weeds are dying!

Ain't that the truth. Not been this dry since "83"! Even the weeds are dying!

I thought we were out of the woods when we got a little rain a few weeks back. Just enough to stir up some green in the grass. Even last year as dry as it was, we were starting to get a little rain by now. Pastures are burnt up now and I doubt we'll get enough growth now, even if it does rain, to do much good before cold weather sets in.

Gonna be a MUDDY winter.