RTV PLows

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
Damn. Y'all are talking $5-7K for a plow. Around here, that'll buy you a pretty new ATV with a plow or an older pickup with a plow. Me... I just can't justify. I buy a new Carhartt arctic coat and a baseball cap and that's all I need.

I paid $3100 installed for my Boss V-Plow. Some of the push frame comes off in the summer (simply bolts on) so I can use the receiver hitch with no interference. The plow mounts and comes off in less than 45 seconds! I don't have a winch so I can't say anything about how that would work other than if it is a receiver mounted winch it should work fine.

628pm

Site Supporter
If I had it to do over I would off bought the 1100c, the cab on my x900 was about 2500., heater about 500.00 plus the time to install you are not saving that much.

With the 1100c you get a nice finished cab, a larger engine, and more creature comforts. I don’t use mine in the fields, mostly around our place and to give my dog a ride everyday.

Don’t get me wrong the x900 does everything I want and need, and I’ve had no issues the 1100c is just a nicer vehicle.

pro1742

I have a Western Impact V-plow on my 1100. I checked into the boss plow and found that it was 50 lbs heavier then the western and a lot more $$$. this is my second season with the western and have no complaints. I sit 400' off the road with a circle driveway with parking spaces and a motorcoach pad. Installation was real easy. the hardest part was routing the wires into the cab. I never checked on the kubota because I didn't want to deal with the hyd lines. Oh by the way, Western and Fisher are the same plow just different model names and paint color.

I have the Western as well and it works really well and is more affordable in this market area. I plow a 3/4 mile long common drive way as well as my personal driveway some of which is a combination of pavement and millings with as much as a 6% grade and have never had a moments issue in doing so.

ccmdvl1960

I have the OEM Kubota plow made by Curtis that was popular on (and the only option for a while) the first generation diesel RTV's. It appears that this plow is still available with the X-series RTV's as the lowest cost option. We bought ours used in 2015 for about $700 to put on our 2009 RTV 1140. It has the factory hydraulic angle option which is good. I replaced the factory electric lift, which was awful, with a hydraulic lift cylinder. The factory skid shoes were also awful, so I also replaced those. Now, the plow is acceptable. If I were buying a new plow, I'd look at the Boss, Western or SnowDogg which are basically fully contained truck plows scaled down for UTV's. The fully hydraulic Kubota options are really nice, but WAY more money, in part, because so much additional hydraulic plumbing/valves/controllers need to be added to the X series. I would never consider a unit that was not frame mounted (i.e. avoid the receiver mounted units).

Here is some video of our setup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMo_ZmdSXKs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAbt9vpGVE4

harpoonalt

I have the full hydraulic Kubota commercial plow on my 1120. I purchased it with my machine and it wasn't much more than the Western in my area. I guess it depends on where you live. The other plows are really nice too and I'm sure work just as well.
They add another Hydraulic pump to the rear of the machine. If you didn't know RTV's that well, you'd never know it was an add-on. It's very well put together.
We got 10" of snow last night and then it turned to rain. I plowed this morning and the 1120 pushed it all no problem. At times I was pushing a giant pile of slush but the Kubota just kept on pushing. I thought my 500 was great, but the 1120 is a beast. More a function of the machine than the plow.
it's always nice when a purchase continually exceeds your expectations. So rare these days!

tfdr1

I have a SnowDogg on my 2014 X900 and this is my first winter using it and I still haven't decided how I feel about it. My only real bitch is that it leaves a small row of snow boogers where it pivots in the middle. I'm not sure if it's the nature of the beast with a V or not, but it still beats sitting on my tractor in the crappy weather.

Oh, I paid$2800 including the attachment bracket and I bought it from the guy I got the RTV from and it was still on the skid.

Dave

Attachments

• 20171210_105753.jpg
    20171210_105753.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 72

1HOTDJ

I have the RTV X1100C with the Boss V-Plow and love the Versatility of the blade. Quick and easy connect and disconnect. Very durable blade. I plow 35 accounts including FedEx facility, Motels, Restaurants, Housing developments, and steep driveways in and around Cherokee, NC. I've used different plows throughout the years and I am thoroughly pleased with the Boss Brand.IMG_1364.jpg
IMG_1362.jpg
[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_0577.jpg
    IMG_0577.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0576.jpg
    IMG_0576.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 49

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
I have the RTV X1100C with the Boss V-Plow and love the Versatility of the blade. Quick and easy connect and disconnect. Very durable blade. I plow 35 accounts including FedEx facility, Motels, Restaurants, Housing developments, and steep driveways in and around Cherokee, NC. I've used different plows throughout the years and I am thoroughly pleased with the Boss Brand.View attachment 11213
View attachment 11212

Ditto your observations and comments. I have a 9' straight blade Fisher plow on my F-250 and that has always been a great plow, but the Boss V-Blade on my X900 is fun and can almost do all that the F-250 can do.