Using the tractor for an unpleasant task

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Our pretty little black cat who has been a part of our lives for almost 16 years had been failing quickly. Things started going bad for her in October of last year. Things got bad enough that we, my wife and I, knew the day would soon come that we'd have to do something we never wanted to do.
I got the tractor out last week to make a final resting place for her. Right next to the place I had made for my Mother In Laws cat some 4 months ago.
It finally came time that Daddy's little girl had no substance or quality to her life. A call was made to the vet and things were taken care of with love and care by all involved. Her paw prints will forever be imprinted on my heart.

Attachments

• FF9.JPG
    FF9.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 636

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
We're so sorry to hear about your little girl.

Jim and Beth

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I know what you mean Jerry. I had to use my tractor for similar duties 3 times now. I don't know how or why but I like to think the tractor is therapeutic for me at that time. i've only dug them after the fact. Sorry for you loss.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
For my own peace of mind, I had to have it done before hand. I knew it would be just a matter of a few days when I did it.

Brutus

Some would say, "It's just a cat." They're wrong. Our pets become members of our families. I'm very sorry for your loss. You did the right thing, you loved her that much.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I've had a few people at work say that. But that soul relied on me to provide for her for 16 years. In return she gave me unconditional love.

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Why do dumb animals have such an effect on our lives????

We lost one of our dogs last year. This was one of the dumbest animals who ever roamed the earth but she was so loving, caring and trusting. If I was inside the house she always was within 5' of me and If I was outside, she was laying by the door waiting for me to come back in. We still have another two dogs but Lord how I miss her.

I feel for you.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Jerry, I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

Of course pets are family. Love isn't limited only to humans.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Hopefully I am done with my "bad luck comes in threes". Friday we had to lay off 14 employees at work. Saturday Bisty left us. Sunday, well technically Monday Morning, our dog Buddy had 3 seizures in under an hour and had to go to an emergency hospital. He is doing ok right now, but he must be seizure free for over 24 hours before he can come home. Hopefully tomorrow sometime. The other pet we have is Bubba, a cat. He is walking around crying and seemingly lost right now.

Bindian

OhioTC18,:wave:
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I know how it is digging a grave for a beloved family pet. I have done this for three ferrets and one cat in the photo below. Milo, the cat lived 12 years with me. My ferrets were with me 4,4, & 6 years.
I hope to see them again some day in the great beyond.
hugs, Brandi

Attachments

• 1-31-09 Pond dam bulkhead extended.jpg
    1-31-09 Pond dam bulkhead extended.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 635

Jim Lockes

It is good to hear that there are still people in this world that have a heart.
I am sure that if you ask the good Lord that he will put an add on to your mansion in the sky for your friends.
Jim