Urednecku

Galvatron

Just thought i would mention URedneckU (Larry) goes in for Back Surgery tomorrow morning.

Please add him to your thoughts and Prayers for a good result and a quick recovery.

Many Thanks.

Galv.

PBinWA

Best of luck on the surgery redneck! I hope it works out and you are back in the saddle soon.

Brutus

I'd known he had back problems for some time. I do hope it works out well.
What will they be doing, Galvi?

Good luck and all my prayers. They want to cut on my back but I keep putting them off. I guess when I can't stand the pain any more I will say OK.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
thoughts and prayers coming your way Redneck.
Best wishes for a sucessful operation and a quick recovery.

Galvatron

I'd known he had back problems for some time. I do hope it works out well.
What will they be doing, Galvi?

Ok let me try and get it right(sorry Larry if i cock it up).....they are going to explore for nerves being trapped in the lower discs and trim away any over grown tissue/muscle/bone ect to stop the nerves trapping hence remove the pain.

I'm just hoping they dont find disc damage too while in the process...but his Surgeon is 90% hopeful this wil fix the problem and if he takes care of his back he should have no more trouble.

He has is Surgery at 8:30am today Florida time.

And thanks to you all for your kind thoughts and Prayers.

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
My thoughts and prayers are with Larry this morning as well. Having had several family members and friends with similar problems, and suffering with a degenerating disc myself, I can certainly feel the pain. My best wishes for a good outcome and a speedy recovery.

Fred

Galvatron

Update....

spoke to his wife a short while ago and he come through ok....the Surgeon made a comment that after getting in there things looked worse than expected but looks like success at this stage but further surgery possibly future spine infusion may be needed in a few years....time will tell i guess.(fingers crossed he dont need the fusion).

PS Larry will kill me for making this fuss....but eh i care about the old fool.

heres to a quick recovery.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Here here, to a quick recovery. :thumb: :beer:

Thanks for the update Galv.

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
As a back pain sufferer myself I sure hope everything turns out well. There is nothing more debilitating for a young(ish), active man than back problems. I hope that they all disappear and you're riding that tractor again sooner rather than later.

All the best ... Frank.

urednecku

THANKS, everybody, for the prayers & kind words.
Sorry for taking so long to respond...it's been a long week.
Galv was right on the things. Things had gotten where I had to have SOMETHING done..I couldn't do anything because of the pain. I had a herniated L4-5 disc--they shaved the disc away from the nerve, it should heal, with about 85 - 90 % chance of no more trouble from it, IF I take care of my back.
Surgery went good, but the pain meds were too strong for me yesterday, & I was nauseated & sick as 'ell, & spent the night in hospital last night. I feel much better now with the different meds, so help me pray I now have the right combo of meds to keep it all in check. It will be 4 - 6 weeks before I go back to work, & I can't do anything till then, especially no tractor riding or farm-work.:no:
but after that, hopefully I'll be back to catching up on things, with many hours already scheduled for seat-time!!

Again, thanks for the prayers, & send some more as ya get the time.
Larry

Last edited:

Galvatron

THANKS, everybody, for the prayers & kind words.
Sorry for taking so long to respond...it's been a long week.
Galv was right on the things. And things had gotten where I had to have SOMETHING done..I couldn't do anything because of the pain. I had a herniated L4-5 disc--they shaved the disc away from the nerve, it should heal, with about 90 % chance of no more trouble from it, IF I take care of my back.
Surgery went good, but a little nausea

A little nausea my ass...man you worry me...love you bro and good to have you back.....now take it easy and get well.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Glad to see ya here to give us the update yourself Larry.
Yes take care of that back and PLEASE obey the Doc on the limited activity.

urednecku

Glad to see ya here to give us the update yourself Larry.
Yes take care of that back and PLEASE obey the Doc on the limited activity.

DO NOT get carried away when you CAN start and mess it up. Take care of yourself.

Many thanks, fellers. :tiphat:
That is my plans. My wife can tell ya, I've been thru enough for what was supposed to be a "simple procedure" to last me many, many years. I never wanna go thru it again. :forgetit:

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
If they say it'll be 4 - 6 weeks be sure to take 4 - 6 weeks. I know how it is, you start to feel good and go do some piddling. Nothing strenuous, just something to pass the time and before you know it you've undone all the good that was done. Take it easy. There's nothing out there that won't keep until you are well and good. Then you can get after it. :wink:

Don't mean to preach but we all want you back hale and hearty. Lotza luck.