Urednecku

urednecku

Well how are you doing? The big question is are you behaving yourself?

NO fun in that, is there?

Went to see Doc today, he is happy with the way the 'wound' is healing. BUT yea, he said no work....not even yard work, until I see him again in 4 weeks. He says about 90% of the disc's that re-herniate, do it within the first month.
Yea, I've had enough with just this one time, don't want any more of it.
I'm planning on getting caught up on some light-duty stuff I really like to do, like paper-work:puke1:
I'm also getting along longer & longer with-out the pain meds....I don't have to take em 'on schedule' any more, just an 'as needed' basis, and can probably get on down to the ibuprofen & less heavy-duty stuff.

Again, thanks for the prayers & words.

Bindian

Urednecku,:wave:
I just read all of this. I am so glad your better. I just said a prayer for you.:tiphat: But I have the same question as Tinkertoys...........are you behaving?:waiting::whistle::read:
hugs, Brandi

urednecku

Urednecku,:wave:
I just read all of this. I am so glad your better. I just said a prayer for you.:tiphat: But I have the same question as Tinkertoys...........are you behaving?:waiting::whistle::read:
hugs, Brandi

Thaks, BIndian. :tiphat: I'm trying to.......... I just keep reminding my self of that 1st week after...THAT was enough, I don't want that again....so yea, I back off.

urednecku

urednecku
How are you doing? Hope everything is ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, tinkertoys.
Yea, I'm healing, doing a little better each day or 2. I still get a muscle spasm at times when I've been sitting & start to get up or walk....but that's not as bad as that hot iron that shot from my hip down to my ankle a couple weeks ago, and constant "toothache" in my hip.
Worst part now is watching weeds growing & land needs clearing so I can plant more hay, and knowing it's another 3-5 weeks before I can start playing 'catch-up'. :sad:
But no, I'm not rushing it, I don't want any more of that, I'll give it time to heal.

Mark777

Wow!

I apologize for missing this thread entirely.

My (belated) prayers for a speedy and total recovery.

I can relate to serious back problems as I've had a similar procedure. Insist on being good to yourself and let others do for you...what you've done for them all these years :D!!

urednecku

Thanks, Mark. As you know then, that's easier said than done, but I know will be well worth it in the long run.

urednecku

YEP, still hangin in here. About to go bananas, watching the grass get higher, weeds getting bigger, dust getting thicker on the 'Bota seat, and hoping the diesel isn't about to sour 'cause I'm not supposed to even get on a tractor until I see the Doc again on the 15th. But I've put too much pain, time & money in my back in the last 3 months to mess it up again just because it's not hurting now like it was.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Larry, it's good to hear you are feeling better! You are doing the right thing so far, doing nothing. Those pain meds can fool you, can make you feel like you are ready to get back in the saddle long before you are really healed.

Just hang in there and be patient! Things -will- be better when you have finished healing. Forget the chores for now. They aren't important.

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
But I've put too much pain, time & money in my back in the last 3 months to mess it up again just because it's not hurting now like it was.

Well that's good news. Just imagine what it'll feel like in a month or two with rest and gentle rehab.

I should mention that I took advantage of my wife being gone for a few days, and not running into town 3 or 4 times a day, to reseal part of the driveway. After spending four hours bent over, brushing and squeegeeing that stuff around, I'm feeling it today. If you have any pain meds left over ..... No need, a couple of Alleve will do the trick and them we mow.

Don't worry about the grass and weeds. They will only grow so high and then stop. :yum: :hide: They'll still be there tomorrow .... or the next day, or the day after. Hang tuff.

urednecku

ETF, I don't know about Texas, but here in Florida in the summer them weeds will keep right on growing...I've seen dog-fennels higher than my head, and me on the tractor. They only stop growing after a good frost!! :ohmy:

As for the back, I'm still getting some spasm's ---but they tell me that'll keep up for some months yet. I'm still fighting my urges to get out & do stuff, but it's getting harder & harder till---- I remember where I been & my "rest & relaxation" will be over soon, and I'll have to play catch-up.

urednecku

UPDATE: Today was the day....Doc said my back is as healed as it'll get, so I can get off my backside & on the tractor again!! :thumb: BUT--- there was "some damage" to a nerve, & I'll have to remember I'm not as young as I was 5 years ago -- I still have a 50 + year old back. :pat: I don't have to go back to 'work' right away, take a couple more weeks and get myself built back up where I was a couple months ago, (translate to: get yer a$$ busy around the place, & do 3 months of work in the next 2 weeks.---- SEAT TIME!!! :thumb: :mrgreen:)

AND, I want to say a big THANK YOU to all the prayers, thoughts, and words of encouragement! :Tip-Hat2:

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Go for it dude but ease into it.

After spending most of the winter piddling and sitting around because of back problems, when I got my body out of second gear this spring, Oh my, how I suffered.

It's amazing how out of shape you can get in a short period of time. I know how frustrating it is to see all that work backload just sitting there but you have the rest of your life to catch up. So, welcome back bro' but remember, what you don't get done today will still be there tomorrow. Good luck and please don't rush it.

urednecku

Thanks, fellers.
Erik, yea, I think she's about ready for me to get outta her hair!
ETF, that's kinda what I figured..and yea, I started a list to try to prioritize.....it grew real fast!! But I'll try to remember, that stuff's still there from yesterday, and last week, and..:hide:

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks, fellers.
Erik, yea, I think she's about ready for me to get outta her hair!
ETF, that's kinda what I figured..and yea, I started a list to try to prioritize.....it grew real fast!! But I'll try to remember, that stuff's still there from yesterday, and last week, and..:hide:

I changed the oil in the gearbox and sharpened the blades on my finish mower. Send some of that grass up here and I'll mow it for you. :tiphat:

Galvatron

About time you stopped sitting around talking online all day....dont over do it and remember i will be around to chat when you have the time to but knowing how big that to do list is i dont think you will have much online time now.

I :tiphat: to Cory for listening to you all this recovery time...she has ears of steel:yum::yum::yum:

Take care my ugly older twin :wink: