Thoughts and Prayers

rback33

I just wanted let this "family" know that your thoughts and prayers would be appreciated. My Grandma who suffers from both Alzheimer's and Parkinson's has now quit swallowing solid foods. The family has elected to fore go a feeding tube, choosing quality over quantity on the life scale. As you can imagine, it's hard enough to watch family members wither away, but even tougher when they are only 70 years old. Her mother went through the same progression. Thankfully, Grandma is making the trip faster than she did. Again, your thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

Ductape

Sorry to hear it. Before my pop left (cancer) his doctors offered to do an operation to insert whatever apparatus my father would need to hook him up to a dyalasis (sp?) machine to prolong his life. We got together as a family and unanimously decided against it, since A) my father would NEVER want that, and B) at that point he was never going to get out of bed again anyway. Thankfully he hung in there long enough for my brother and sister to get here to say "goodbye", since they both live out of state. I wish you the best of luck, and my prayers will be with you and your family !

Dougster

Old Member
We face some very tough challenges in this life when it comes to dealing with elderly parents and grandparents. I suppose I've been more fortunate than most in this regard... so far. My GF just lost her father last year and it hasn't been easy for her or the family.

Hang in there Jeremy. Our prayers are with you.

Dougster

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hate to hear that rback. Your faminly will be in my prayers.

I will create a seriously speaking forum for prayer requests, and other serious subjects. I'mm move this thread there once it's created (but I'll leave a redirect so you'll find it.)

rback33

Hate to hear that rback. Your faminly will be in my prayers.

I will create a seriously speaking forum for prayer requests, and other serious subjects. I'mm move this thread there once it's created (but I'll leave a redirect so you'll find it.)

I was wondering about doing something like that. I almost asked you, but decided to let it be. In the end, we hope that is the forum that stays empty right? Thanks for all the kind words. We were taking my daughter (and me) to the Dr. today anyway and I got to visit with him briefly about the situation. She DID respond ok to the liquids over the weekend, so it will be a wait and see for sure as to how long she will hang in there.

jbrumberg

rback33:

I directed a secure Alzheimer Unit for far to long and helped those poor souls and their loving families through that final transition. We gave each and everyone the best quality care and love possible to the very end. You and your family made a very difficult, but life quality enhancing decision painful as it was. Remember all the good things, grieve, and celebrate her life. My positive thoughts to you and yours. Hang in there Jay

I lost my mother to the effects of Parkinsons. That was 6 years ago last week. She fought a good fight for 20+ years before she just had enough. I've seen what it can do to the person and to the family. I can only imagine that AND Alzhiemers at the same time.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the entire family. Hang in there.

Bill

N

Nicahawk

I just wanted let this "family" know that your thoughts and prayers would be appreciated. My Grandma who suffers from both Alzheimer's and Parkinson's has now quit swallowing solid foods. The family has elected to fore go a feeding tube, choosing quality over quantity on the life scale. As you can imagine, it's hard enough to watch family members wither away, but even tougher when they are only 70 years old. Her mother went through the same progression. Thankfully, Grandma is making the trip faster than she did. Again, your thoughts and prayers are appreciated.
rback33,

Sorry to hear about your Grandma. We will be thinking and praying for her and your family. Best of luck.

mobilus

rback33, will definitely keep your family in my prayers. My mother died early (at 56 y.o.) and my last grandmama died two years ago. They leave big holes in a family when they pass, but you'll likely draw together as a family, closer as a result. Ours did. God be with you, my friend.

rback33

Oh how the roller coaster continues....

So... yesterday my baby sister who works at the local pharmacy drops by to take deliver meds at the manor and peeks in on Grandma...Grandma proceeds to light up like a Christmas tree and babble away. She has not been this alert in weeks. Oh... did I forget to mention she ate all of her food just fine yesterday? yeah.. that too. Keep Praying guys! Were doing good! One interesting thing is that she has had NONE of her meds since all this started. He meds are all in pills I think and they are waiting for the liquid ones to come in for her.. My dad and Grandpa are on such an emotional roller coaster...

UncleBuck

Oh how the roller coaster continues....

So... yesterday my baby sister who works at the local pharmacy drops by to take deliver meds at the manor and peeks in on Grandma...Grandma proceeds to light up like a Christmas tree and babble away. She has not been this alert in weeks. Oh... did I forget to mention she ate all of her food just fine yesterday? yeah.. that too. Keep Praying guys! Were doing good! One interesting thing is that she has had NONE of her meds since all this started. He meds are all in pills I think and they are waiting for the liquid ones to come in for her.. My dad and Grandpa are on such an emotional roller coaster...
rback
I know first hand that prayers do work, your Grandma is on my list

bdoss

I'm new to this post and was very blessed to see a thread created for this issue..
We lost our grandson thru brain cancer 2 years ago - a long and stressfull period of cancer- no cancer- cancer free- cancer.
We were on many prayer lists and we know the power of prayer. We accept the fact that it was God's will to take Tim at the time he chose. He allowed Tim to touch many, many lives and is allowing us to use his memory to touch many more.
Our prayer is for a physical recovery but maintain the acceptance That it is God's will that will be the outcome.
If it is God's will to heal, then we send him all the glory and praise.
If it's his will to recieve the suffering into his arms, we pray that he does so with speed and compassion and sends solace to the family and friends who remain the sufferers. Once in his hands we become healed and the pain is no more.
God Bless.

xPosTech

My prayers are with you and your family. I know firsthand how losing loved ones hurts. I happy that she is lucid and eating, however temporary. I pray she may be so from now on.

God bless
Ted

rback33

Thought I better give an update. I speak for my whole family when I say we appreciate the thoughts and prayers. She is on the liquid diet and actually seems to be doing better on it than she had been the solids. Other than than I don't think she has been lucid much at all from what I am getting from my dad. Only time will tell. She could go on like this for quite some time. Mentally she has been gone from us for quite some time, but in some ways that makes it worse.

Bindian

Jeremy,
Y'all are in my prayers. My Mom is 70 also and has Alzheimer's and it truly hurts to see Mom like this. Mom just eats sweets and is having bowel complications. I am trying to get her into a nursing home. Talk about a mess, just trying to find out what how to do it. Dad is 87 and still driving to town alone!
luv,hugs, and prayers, Brandi

JSUPPORT

Jeremy,
How are things with your grandmother?
You and your family are in my prayers!!!

"A Smile Is A Light In The Window Of The Soul, Indicating That The Heart Is At Home."
Best Regards,
Brenda Bradshaw
Customer Relations
Mahindra USA, Inc.
17723 FM 2920
Tomball, TX 77377
1-800-887-2286 EXT. 321
brenda.bradshaw@mahindrausa.com

Erik

Jeremy,
prayers, yes.
good luck - went through this several years back with an uncle, so I do understand the roller coaster.

PBinWA

Jeremy, sorry I missed this thread earlier.

I hope everything is going well and you certainly have our prayers.

PB

rback33

I guess on the bright side, things have not really changed any. She is getting along OK as far as I know. I have not heard anything new and I figure no news is good news. I will be talking to my Grandpa in the next day or two as I need to borrow HIS trailer to haul a RED tractor to dig a hole to bury one of my PARENT'S horses. I promised my mom if she would put her down and ease the pain I would dig the hole. Well now she is taken me up on the offer....

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the update. Good for Grandma!!!! :thumb:

I would love some seat time, but not the way you are getting it. That's a tough chore. Especially when you knew the horse. Hang in there man!!!!!