Little help please

OK.. I'm normally not one to ask for help and definately not one to want sympathy, but a simple prayer or two sure won't upset the delicate balance of nature.

I found out this afternoon that in addition to the blood sugar issues, I've been diagnosed with an advanced case of prostate cancer. Not sure what the immediate future holds. It's apparently spread into my liver and possibly in the bones already. Didn't even show up 6 months ago.

Treat me just like normal, just say a prayer when you have time. I need 'em.

Erik

wow.
you got it!
good luck, and keep us posted - if it's that fast a mover, it's a good thing they caught it now - and prostate cancer generally responds well to treatment.

Bindian

OK.. I'm normally not one to ask for help and definately not one to want sympathy, but a simple prayer or two sure won't upset the delicate balance of nature.

I found out this afternoon that in addition to the blood sugar issues, I've been diagnosed with an advanced case of prostate cancer. Not sure what the immediate future holds. It's apparently spread into my liver and possibly in the bones already. Didn't even show up 6 months ago.

Treat me just like normal, just say a prayer when you have time. I need 'em.
Farmwithjunk,:tiphat:
Your on my prayer list.:respect:
hugs, Brandi

N

Nicahawk

FWJ, wishing you the best. Prayers and thoughts are with you.

jbrumberg

FWJ:

You have many friends here and although I can only speak for myself- my positive thoughts and prayers to you and yours. Hang in there and please, please keep us posted. Jay

Dougster

Old Member
Oh my good Lord. I am in shock. I didn't expect in a million years to log on today and find this post. Seems you can never know when life is gonna suddenly rear up and hurl a new and nasty challenge at ya. Now, just like that, you've got the fight of your life on your hands.

We are with ya Junk. Beat this goddamn thing and show us all what a strong and determined man can achieve.

You will be in our daily prayers. Let us all know of your progress fighting this ugly thing.

Dougster

PBinWA

Hey Bill,

You would have to be just "normal" to be treated normal. You are better than "normal"!

I'm praying for you now.

PB

irwin

Oh my good Lord. I am in shock. I didn't expect in a million years to log on today and find this post. Seems you can never know when life is gonna suddenly rear up and hurl a new and nasty challenge at ya. Now, just like that, you've got the fight of your life on your hands.

We are with ya Junk. Beat this goddamn thing and show us all what a strong and determined man can achieve.

You will be in our daily prayers. Let us all know of your progress fighting this ugly thing.

Dougster

I put Doug's quote here because all I could say when I opened this thread was g*d d**m What the f*** .:sad:

My thoughts mirror the others that have posted.

What a kick in the groin Bill. Prayers are on the way.

Thanks to all. I got a big suprize yesterday. A good friend of mine organized 6 more friends who've dealt with prostate cancer and won the battle. They all showed up here, each with list's of do's and don't do's. Mostly, they just let me know this isn't a death sentence.

No sooner than they left, one of my brother-in-laws showed up. That was sort of a shock considering he lives in south FLORIDA. He just recently got a clean bill of health after having much the same preliminary diagnosis I just got. I emailed my sister friday evening and she put John on a plane yesterday morning to come talk to me. (He had business to attend to here anyway)

Between the two events' and the words of encouragement I've recieved here, I'm going to go at this with an attitude that I can beat this. (That wasn't the case yesterday morning)

I'll keep everyone up to date when there's something to tell. Otherwise, it's business as usual. I have to stay around and keep Dougster in line:rolleyes:

Dougster

Old Member
Between the two events' and the words of encouragement I've recieved here, I'm going to go at this with an attitude that I can beat this. (That wasn't the case yesterday morning) I'll keep everyone up to date when there's something to tell. Otherwise, it's business as usual. I have to stay around and keep Dougster in line:rolleyes:
Without the old Junk around to constantly stir the pot, this forum would be in deep trouble. So on behalf of the New England Delegation and certain strains of the Mahindra Caucus, we appreciate and thank you for your decision to fight this nasty thing and win the battle!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Personally, I expected nothing less from the feisty, ornery old man from the Bluegrass state!!! :beer:

Dougster :starbucks:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
So sorry to hear the news Bill. You are in my prayers. What a great support group you have down there. That has to be a huge help. I'll be thinking of you as you work your way through this. Please do keep us posted as you can. With the great support group and all the prayers we will help you get through this buddy. You are not alone.

Bindian

Thanks to all. I got a big suprize yesterday. A good friend of mine organized 6 more friends who've dealt with prostate cancer and won the battle. They all showed up here, each with list's of do's and don't do's. Mostly, they just let me know this isn't a death sentence.

No sooner than they left, one of my brother-in-laws showed up. That was sort of a shock considering he lives in south FLORIDA. He just recently got a clean bill of health after having much the same preliminary diagnosis I just got. I emailed my sister friday evening and she put John on a plane yesterday morning to come talk to me. (He had business to attend to here anyway)

Between the two events' and the words of encouragement I've recieved here, I'm going to go at this with an attitude that I can beat this. (That wasn't the case yesterday morning)

I'll keep everyone up to date when there's something to tell. Otherwise, it's business as usual. I have to stay around and keep Dougster in line:rolleyes:
FMJ,:tiphat:
You have to keep that ornery Southern rebel fight going like the New Englander Old Member stated earlier. Take care, but stay ornery.:cool:
hugs, Brandi
hugs, Brandi

mobilus

Junk, you're on my prayer list. I believe prayer works wonders...miracles, even. My recent cancer scare that turned out negative caused all sorts of emotions for me...confide in someone and don't keep those emotions pent up. You'll kick this thing, hang in there...and never stop believing just how powerful the Lord's hand is in these circumstances.

Mark

Bill Hoffman

Stay strong, listen to your doctor, your friends, and your God.
This is a cancer that can be beaten. As Spock would say, "Live long
and prosper".

You're in my prayers.

Bill

jbrumberg

FWJ:

The worst thing one can do when they have prostrate CA is to do nothing. Please take care of yourself, follow your doctors' orders, watch your diet, and please accept the support, postive thoughts, and prayers for you and yours from your NTT friends. Jay

Archdean

Just a positive thought that my Father used to say and he had a damn good reason! Perhaps this will help you !

"Find a good disease and take care of it!"

It was his way of coping with what inevitably comes to most of us and by so doing he was able to rise above what others would of been felled by!

Staying positive with a touch of self humor goes a long way my friend!

Bindian

Y'all,
The words spoken on this thread are wonderful inspiration. I am glad I am part of Net Tractor Talk. God Bless y'all all.:tiphat:
hugs, Brandi