Little help please

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats. That is good news.
I'm sure you'll focus and keep it down now ....Just like when you are focusing on making old iron look new again. We know what kind of job you do on that. Top notch. :applause: :applause:

24 hours with sugar level below 100.:cool: (99 last night, 95 this morning)

The lettuce growers of America will probably be sending me a Christmas card this year.:rolleyes:

Pizza Hut stocks tumbling wildly in last 2 weeks.:chef:

jbrumberg

FWJ:

Great news! Maintain your routines as best you can. I log in every calorie and carbohydrate-gram that enters my mouth daily as part of my Blood Sugar mangement plan. Many of my recipes have now been qualified and quantified. Its a major PITA, but it makes for easier Blood Sugar Management ultimately. I am also curious if you are on oral form, insulin, and/or diet management for sugar control? Whatever you are doing keep doing it :respect: :applause: :applause: :tiphat: . Jay :letitsnow:

FWJ:

Great news! Maintain your routines as best you can. I log in every calorie and carbohydrate-gram that enters my mouth daily as part of my Blood Sugar mangement plan. Many of my recipes have now been qualified and quantified. Its a major PITA, but it makes for easier Blood Sugar Management ultimately. I am also curious if you are on oral form, insulin, and/or diet management for sugar control? Whatever you are doing keep doing it :respect: :applause: :applause: :tiphat: . Jay :letitsnow:

Limited to 246 g carbs, 40g sugar, 2000 calory, as low as possible on the cholesterol, and 1000mg (2X500mg) Metformin. No insulin needed.

jbrumberg

FWJ:

Thanks for the information. I can relate to the anorexic diet plan :eek: , and I am glad that you as I can tolerate the Metformin- the side effects can be pretty nasty even for nasty old men :poke: like us :rolleyes: . Jay

FWJ:

Thanks for the information. I can relate to the anorexic diet plan :eek: , and I am glad that you as I can tolerate the Metformin- the side effects can be pretty nasty even for nasty old men :poke: like us :rolleyes: . Jay

Metformin has nearly NO side effects for most people, but those who do suffer, can't stand the thought of taking it. It took me all pof 48 hours to adjsut to taking it. The only side effect I'm having now is
FEELING ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL:cool:

Bindian

Metformin has nearly NO side effects for most people, but those who do suffer, can't stand the thought of taking it. It took me all pof 48 hours to adjsut to taking it. The only side effect I'm having now is
FEELING ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL:cool:
FWJunk,
That is wonderful to hear. Praise the Lord and the power of prayer!
hugs, Brandi

Well gang... Blood sugar lowest since this all started unfolding. 93 low/101 high today. Weigh in this morning, so far lost 18 lbs.

Dang near walked outta my pants this morning:pat: :yum: Need to punch a few new notches in the belt. Not that I'm in favor of it, but my wife loses her ever-lovin' mind when she sees someone "saggin". I'm gonna be a'needin' some new duds before long 'er that'll be ME:moon3: wif da drawers showin'. :eek:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Younger kids do it, but I agree .... you'll need new duds. :D :thumb:

mobilus

Way to go, Junk!

Buying a new wardrobe isn't a bad deal...but...

Please, please don't forget your age. Nothing sillier than guys our age running out and buying those worn out clothes that the kids do.

Way to go, Junk!

Buying a new wardrobe isn't a bad deal...but...

Please, please don't forget your age. Nothing sillier than guys our age running out and buying those worn out clothes that the kids do.

Yep! I get a certain enjoyment out of wearing them out myself:yum:

Told the Mrs. last night if I managed to lose 50 lbs, I was buying a pair of Speedos. I think she's planning on fixing lasagna every night this week now:pat:

Bindian

I would go over and visit Mom and Dad. Dad, 87 years young, had blue jeans with holes in them.:pat: I told him he should buy some more jeans. His reply was........." I just bought these at the thrift store for 50 cents". Holes and all.:eek:
hugs, Brandi

I would go over and visit Mom and Dad. Dad, 87 years young, had blue jeans with holes in them.:pat: I told him he should buy some more jeans. His reply was........." I just bought these at the thrift store for 50 cents". Holes and all.:eek:
hugs, Brandi

That's my dad all over again! He died with the family thinking he was about broke. We found out 6 months later he had over a million dollars in the bank, in addition to owning a piece of land worth well over that figure. He made a few wise investments through the years, but his "depression mentality" wouldn't let him SPEND any of it.

He had several pairs of bib overalls that were patched with duct tape.:yum: I'd get him a new pair and he'd put them in the closet and "save 'em for when I need them".

D-Day -0300 hrs. I'm sitting here watching the county road dept lay salt on our road. About 1/2" of powder fell last night. The hill in front of the house is slick. Appointmentwith urologist is in 3 hours. I have to be there 45 minutes early to fill out more paperwork. Doubtful I'll learn much today. It usually takes a few days for them to disseminate the test results.

Thanks everyone. Thanks for the support and encouragement. This may turn out to be nothing more than one of life's speed bumps. But for someone who's been for the most part healthy all his life, this isn't an easy time.

Gotta go walk the dogs and get the mail.

Here we go

N

Nicahawk

Hey Farm, we'll all be thinking about you today and the next several days. Good luck and keep us posted.
Nica

That's my dad all over again! He died with the family thinking he was about broke. We found out 6 months later he had over a million dollars in the bank, in addition to owning a piece of land worth well over that figure. He made a few wise investments through the years, but his "depression mentality" wouldn't let him SPEND any of it.

He had several pairs of bib overalls that were patched with duct tape.:yum: I'd get him a new pair and he'd put them in the closet and "save 'em for when I need them".

Hey...I RESEMBLE that remark...:D
Like my Dad and my Dad's Dad taught me...
JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE MONEY does NOT mean you have to SPEND IT...:D
Heck, I'm still wearing T-Shirts from The Washington Rugby Club Tournaments we held back in the 80's...:rolleyes: