RTV 900 fuel adjustment

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Give me today to find it and scan it with my "mind of it's own computer"and I will get the info for you as like before. Or if you email me your address I will make copies and mail them to you which ever you prefer. It is never a problem to help out a friend and I will be very glad to. We have just been working long days this week but today will be some different. Thanks, Bordercollie</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Kubota Kunook, I sent more info for you to look at late last night. Let me know if it is still the same old thing and I will check into it. It should be like 20 documents including some of what you already have.I wish I could publish it here but it is copyrighted. I took business law in college and know better than to step in that..... But, I am thinking it might be ok to share with a handful of others before I delete them (in a few weeks.) But I need to check that.. I don't like confined quarters with bars and no trees ........This will beat snail mail and we can still do that if you can't print them off.... but want a paper copy. I know I would... Bordercollie</p>

Bordercollie.</p>

I received your email and they do look like what I need to know,,,I sent you and email reply ,,,this is a great way of sharing info,,I just put them all in a file dedicated to the RTV and take my laptop out to the machine when I need the instructions...Gotta keep a shop rag handy though 'cause the grease sure plays havoc with the keyboard. Check your email .</p>

Many thanks for the help</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="Kubota Kanook"]Gotta keep a shop rag handy though 'cause the grease sure plays havoc with the keyboard. Check your email[/quote]</p>

Not sure about you, but I have about a dozen external keyboards (and mice) laying around. I keep a keyboard/mouse sitting in the shop that I plug into the laptop so I don't have to touch the computer when working. If (when) it gets filthy, I just throw it away and grab another.</p>

[quote user="bczoom"]</p>

[quote user="Kubota Kanook"]Gotta keep a shop rag handy though 'cause the grease sure plays havoc with the keyboard. Check your email[/quote]</p>

Not sure about you, but I have about a dozen external keyboards (and mice) laying around. I keep a keyboard/mouse sitting in the shop that I plug into the laptop so I don't have to touch the computer when working. If (when) it gets filthy, I just throw it away and grab another.</p>
<div style="CLEAR: both"></div>

[/quote]</p>

BCzoom...Now if thats not an example of 'thinking outside da box' it's at least comparable to peeking over the lid to see wahts going on out there. Good idea....</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Glad things appear right. What about a piece of kitchen plastic wrap laid over the keyboard....The good thin kind that clings. maybe add large rubber bands top and bottom to help it cling.?????? Bordercollie</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="bordercollie"]</p>

Glad things appear right. What about a piece of kitchen plastic wrap laid over the keyboard....The good thin kind that clings. maybe add large rubber bands top and bottom to help it cling.?????? Bordercollie</p>
<div style="clear: both;"></div>

[/quote]</p>

OK, how about you get another computer and keep it out in the shop. You can go wireless or run some CAT5 back to the house. Install a router/switch and do the setup. Since you're already at that point, get yourself a nice network printer and incorporate... If you're running CAT-5 out to the building, run another strand. That will give you the capability of 4 phone lines out there. A punchdown block and then split the wire out into different directions. While you're at it, run some Series 6 coax cable, get yourself a nice big TV so you can watch the game or race while tinkering out there. Now, myself, I put in a projection TV with a 96" screen that electrically comes down out of the ceiling. Don't forget an air conditioner. We wouldn't want you getting too hot when working. Oh, I just found one of those Coke dispensing machines. I think I'm going to put that in and pull the fridge out. I just hit whatever button for the desired beverage and voila, it's handed to me.</p>

</p>

Onfoot

[quote user="bordercollie"]</p>

[/quote]</p>

OK, how about you get another computer and keep it out in the shop. You can go wireless or run some CAT5 back to the house. Install a router/switch and do the setup. Since you're already at that point, get yourself a nice network printer and incorporate... If you're running CAT-5 out to the building, run another strand. That will give you the capability of 4 phone lines out there. A punchdown block and then split the wire out into different directions. While you're at it, run some Series 6 coax cable, get yourself a nice big TV so you can watch the game or race while tinkering out there. Now, myself, I put in a projection TV with a 96" screen that electrically comes down out of the ceiling. Don't forget an air conditioner. We wouldn't want you getting too hot when working. Oh, I just found one of those Coke dispensing machines. I think I'm going to put that in and pull the fridge out. I just hit whatever button for the desired beverage and voila, it's handed to me.</p>

[/quote]</p>

BCZoom, your post reminded me of an Australian beer ad about men and their backyard shops. You can check it out at:</p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDFwQFqK4fo&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fsandnsurf.wordpress.com%2F2009%2F01%2F11%2Ftop-11-australian-beer-commercials%2F&feature=player_embedded</p>

</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
[quote user="Kubota Kanook"]</p>

[/quote]</p>

BCzoom...Now if thats not an example of 'thinking outside da box' it's at least comparable to peeking over the lid to see wahts going on out there. Good idea....</p>

[/quote]</p>

you and to think i passup keyboards all the time in the dump!! i think i'll pick one or two up next time.</p>

[quote user="Onfoot"] If you're running CAT-5 out to the building,[/quote]</p>

OK..Got this far...Hooked a cable to my D5CAT and ran over the building. What's the next step?</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

OK..Got this far...Hooked a cable to my D5CAT and ran over the building. What's the next step?</p>

[/quote]</p>

OK, that's a good start. Now, you'll want to connect the other end of the cable (at the house). Put a jack on that end and connect to the back of your computer. Make sure the wires are connected properly to the jack.</p>

Once that's done, fire up your computer and go to the section on Networking. I'm not sure why this is needed but it seems to work. I've got a pretty good network and I keep their names/numbers in a Rolodex. For some reason, it wants you to go through some network setup so you can get those people wired.</p>

Let us know when you're done with that so we can do the next steps.</p>

</p>

</p>

Onfoot

[/quote]</p>

Forward and backwards a few times and you're set!</p>

</p>

Don't worry about those wired people..I kicked them out and told em to go home before over running that building. Now getting that pooter jacked up was a little tricky cause my floor jack is under the truck so I had to use a little bottle jack. Should work though cause thet pooter ain't very heavy but getting it to balance was delicate. So I got that cable connected to the jack and there's no worry there casue its 3/8 braided. Had to back the CAT up though cause the cable wouldn,t reach..Now I know I'm missing a crucial step here cause otherwise I could just carry that pooter out to the building that the wired people were partying in.</p>

Boy! Hooking up these pooters can be fun..............</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Kubota Kunook, Our internet has been out for days. It is mostly working now after unpluging, waiting and repluging router and hughsnet box . I just read my mail and will work on the docs as soon as possible. Hopefully tomorrow evening.. Bordercollie.</p>