flooding

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
hey guys i figured i would give you a heads up on if i don't post for a few days .they are telling us that we might have to evac for the flood.theyare saying most of western terrebonne will be under 5' of water soon.for those of you who ordered stoppers they will be made no matter what .there is an over pass nere by and i am protable now so i will just work on top the overpass then mail them when the water lowers enough to get into the post office.they say everyone at 5'or below sea level should be introuble the map show i am 13' above sea level but hey when has the big brother been wrong?pray for two guns because i think he can throw a rock at the levee he is so close to it.

doggman

Yeah, I hope Two Guns is okay. If they open some of those control structures it's probably going to have an impact on him, if he's not already affected. The area between the Atchafalaya basin and the Mississippi will be a mess.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Greenville Ms - MS River 5/10/11

Yeah, I hope Two Guns is okay. If they open some of those control structures it's probably going to have an impact on him, if he's not already affected. The area between the Atchafalaya basin and the Mississippi will be a mess.

Two Guns definitely is threatened by the rising water. Last I heard he was packing. Keep him in your thoughts.
Here's a picture from the Greenville MS Bridge.The river has not crested yet. The top picture is a grain loading facility deep in water. The bottom picture show the water nearing the levee top. Those trees you see are normallly dry and grassy underneath. I was there today and took these crossing the new bridge. I also saw folks building levees around their houses - these folks lived near the areas with backwater flooding. Good Luck to you too Peanut - if you don't have flood insurance, do you have time to elevate your home enough?? bordercollie

Attachments

• DSCF3147.JPG
    DSCF3147.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 288
  • DSCF3157.JPG
    DSCF3157.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 296

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Best wishes and prayers being sent to you (Peanut), Two Guns and all of those affected.

doggman

@Bordercollie - Hard to believe that's Greenville. I used to mark a lot of time in those shipyards as a port engineer.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
They sayi will get no less than 5 feet ofwater my home is 3 feet off the ground right now i have a few cans of gas andall4 generators are topped off i got all the food bateries and everything to live on. So its just a wait and see .the gates are opening today so i guess the water should hit us tonight or tomorrow twoguns knows what to do hes a prspper to. Its just we are at the hands of the big man himself.ill keep posting if not by home puter it will be by my droid yall are some nice family not friends but family thanks for the prayers and thoughts but like before we overcome this one day at a time.i already gof the rhino in full highwatef gear abd reDy.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i'm gonna see how fast it comes up and see if i have to load up any of my fabrication stuff . the best thing is we have been under a 4 month long drought so maybe that dry ground and dry swamps will soak up some before it hits us.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i'm hopeing for the best. they said something about opening the gates saturday so i figure by monday we should start to see the water rise.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
The Mississippi River currently stands at 58.48 feet, its highest-ever recorded level. It is expected to continue rising until it reaches a height of 64 feet May 21.
Even at this level, there is many areas that is already flooded. Woods, Fields, Everything is already full of water, and the water have no where to go >>>>
We've been moving some equipment to the Mississippi hills. We have been steady loading and
moving the things that we can to higher ground. The RTV is now on high ground. We are not alone. The whole towns is sturring like crazy. Not knowing. Waiting. Doing all they can do.
They have done sent some National Guardsmen in ..... Helicopters and some equipment.
The Govenor flew in on a chopper the other day to take a look at things.

I am so tired. But will not give up. For I know, there is more going to be lost
that can be saved already, don't need to make it worse. Everything one has worked for all his life, will be Gone.

My plans are to get my wife and our little ones, two king charles spaniels, cat, and love bird
over to the Mississippi hills. My grown children are already staying now in Mississippi. Told them to get what they can and leave their places. My daughter lives in Austin Texas now, thank God.

We are not the only community touch by this, it is all up and down this river. Farmers, contractors, all people from all walks of life is fixing to get hit hard.

The levees up above us is the ones in the worst shape. Even if the levee breaks above or
below, all in the area will feel the effect.

I will return................

Staying and guarding our place. Parking the pontoon boat close to the shop. Will have a Onan generator on board. Keeping a guns., ammo, food/fresh water handy, along with spare fuel. For plans is to stay with the home until water goes down. We are less than a mile from the levee. Just hope it holds. There is seppage water aready flowing under the levees. It is fixing to get serious. Backwater is going to be another thing that is going to take it toll.
Can not tell my wife what I really feel like what is going to happen. But, I do keep telling her everything is going to be alright. I heard her crying during the night last night over this. It is in Gods hands now.

...... two guns

texasjohn

Peanut, Two Guns.... you stay safe. Remember that water is much more powerful than it looks...You two have good judgement and are preparing but I know that it is stressful....let us know when you can how y'all fared.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
i'm hopeing for the best. they said something about opening the gates saturday so i figure by monday we should start to see the water rise.

Peanut,
You are fixing to see alot more water, even if they don't open the gates. There is
much water coming down the pipe my friend. You fixing to see some things they thought
would never happen.
Don't ever give up !!!!

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
they was showing the cracks in the levee on the new tonight.some of them go down almost 2 feet.they seemed to be about 65 yards long.it's gonna get real bad if that levee goes . they came today to plug up a canal at the end of the road that way the pumps can try to keep it all in the swamps.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
@ doggman, yea, it's hard to believe the water is so close to the levee top. Here's another picture showing the expanded water-
@ Peanut, I wish you the best of luck -that water is crazy bad.
@Two Guns, You and the family will be in my prayers- the pups ,bird and cat too . Be careful out there. bordercollie

Attachments

• DSCF3156.JPG
    DSCF3156.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 225

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
You folks stay safe down there. Stuff is not that important when lives are in danger. Don't worry about what you can't take with you, just get out while you can.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Jamie and Tommy..........So glad you guys are blessed and covered with HIS Grace to prepare NOW...........Jamie......YOU do have some kevlar when you are there takin care of your place dont you?..............Sittin out there on the water taking care of what is yours will be both spooky and blessed......Knowing YOU I am not gonna worry about you being prepared, just KNOW, that folks here are praying for YOU and YOURS..........

Tommy.........GET OUT NOW.........God bless YOU BOTH........Dennis

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
can't leave my home to many pets and guns to take and i ain't leavin my possie i have 6 chihuahuas a black lab and a wymeriner. i'm sittin here til i can't sit no more. the only good thing is they say the water will rise slowly .those guys on the levee should be worried more than us because if that levee goes it's gonna be a rush of water and no time to get up or out.