hi all, newbie with a 1100 problem

cpsseals

I use mine for clearing our pond for skating, but only after its been -20 for a month. It's only 3 feet deep and it freezes solid to the bottom. I think I'll be ok but my wife still worries. She had a nice reaction to those pictures. :badidea:

RydForLyf

Wow!! Are the cooling problems of the 1100's severe enough to require an ice bath? :yum:

Glad everyone got out safely and is OK.

-RFL

fishguts

more bad news, called the service center, motor is in a bad way, something bent when she went under running. but my allstate guy was there and told them to do whatever it needed to be back 100 percent.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That's great news that the ins. co. is going to cover it.
Are they going to replace or repair the engine? If replace, can you keep the old one?

fishguts

same thing my brother asked me bczoom. im not sure, the mecanic says he needs to pull it firts to see how bad it is.

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Most likely pulled water in the intake and hydro locked and bent the rods. They can probably rebuild it.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Actually, I believe there's a few here that have put their engine through as much water (and mud) as what your RTV experienced. AFAIK, all came out of it without any issue other then a possible oil change.

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Fishguts:

When all is said and done.... I'm glad you are ok. The RTV can be repaired or replaced.

If we sat on a chair and watched the mindless shows that are on TV 24/7 our brains / bodies would eventually turn to mush. But hey, we are the bold and the fearless and will (thankfully) be able to share our adventures with kinfolk and friends for a long time.

Fishguts, you showed alot of character in sharing your mis-adventure with us here on the RTV Forum. A day of hard water fishing and then going through the ice is a reminder to all of us that venture out on the frozen ponds, rivers and lakes in the wintertime. None of us or our families want to become a newsworthy event. Guess my education and the career in safety I retired from is showing through. Don't mean to preach cause thats not my style. Just be careful out there my friends.

Keifer

Keifer

whatscookin

Gold Site Supporter
I got to thinking if it had of dropped in even and had the doors jamed shut and sinking would of made for some tense moments. I just heard of someone local that had their new Polairs on a slick hill side and slid it down into a creek and my friend that went to help said it was upside down with the wheels sticking out of the water when they got there.

Heatwave

Fishguts: about your immersed 1100 ... was that waterway shallow enough that your rear wheels were on the bottom, or is there deeper water beneath the wheels? Would the entire thing have sunk if the doors and frame had not stabilized it on the ice surface?

I guess a car that breaks through the ice might bob on the surface briefly before heading to the bottom. But our RTVs ... they'd sink like rocks.