Craftsman snow blade parts. Do you recognize these parts?

paulrk1

Does anyone know where these parts connect to a Craftsman Lawn Tractor and in what order? Do I have the parts in their proper positions?

Attachments

• One and Two.jpg
    One and Two.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 44

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum.

Can you post a picture of the front of the tractor?

paulrk1

Here are 3 photos of the front: My Left, Center My Right.

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 38
  • 3a.jpg
    3a.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 38

paulrk1

The Tractor I have is last years PoulanXT. From what I understand the snow blade is from a Craftsman Lawn Tractor. I'm pretty sure I have the connection figured out. Its all the rods and pulleys that I'm not sure of. When I checked the Sears link you gave me, it says the #24455, which is on the blade, is no longer valid. The pdf file will be a big help with the rods, etc. Thank you for your help, its greatly appreciated.

P.S.: You do have to remove the deck when you attach the blade?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Normally, yes (you remove the deck when attaching the blade) but it's not 100% as it depends on what controls are used for both. In most cases, the lift arm for your mower deck is used for your plow so it's one implement or the other. The same sort of thing is normally true if you're running a snowblower as the power source for the mower is used by the blower (but that's beyond the scope of this hookup).

BTW, if you need more pics showing rods and cables, look at ATV's and their plow mounts.