Looks like a problem for RTV1100cw front diff

cowrider

Cleaning up my action find and found something not so nice.

Attachments

• Front diff 04.jpg
    Front diff 04.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 170
  • Front diff 01.jpg
    Front diff 01.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 165
  • Front diff 02.jpg
    Front diff 02.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 166

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
OOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooh My. That is awful !! Did something hit it ? That rust is something else too. I do hope you can find it on ebay.. is it leaking yet? Do you live in an area with salted roads in winter or is the rust from livestock minerals? bordercollie

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
pretty sure i saw a front diff for an 1100 on ebay the other day. or was it for a 900? don't remember for sure but you might look cause i am sure i found a front diff

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That is a good find Arthuritis but I think the case is also broken on that one as well. If that is the correct, , then maybe cowrider can at least sell his "as is" before it gets internal damage. That would help pay for another . collie

shinnery

Whichever one it is them folks are proud of their used parts, but Kubota will put them to shame with their new parts prices....
Bryce

cowrider

I got this from a gov auction, a two for one deal from a collage in NJ. Both are cancered but this one is the worst. I've really gotten to hate powder coating, moister gets behind it and the rust starts and spreads. Some places you can pull off large pieces of paint. Seems most stuff you buy now is powder coated. The new lawnmowers are and now the decks rot out faster than ever before. Likes to start at the edges and then travels. I've looked at some machines on ebay and see they have been patched inside on the floor and wheel wells.

I hope to pull the diff this afternoon and see if I can just rebuild it with a new case which would be the cheapest option. Who ever was the maintenance crew sure didn't maintain these. This one also has a bad u-joint and they made a shambles of the A/C unit. And the list goes on, good thing I like a challenge.

The pictures don't do it justice, its much worse in person.

Attachments

• Rusted floor 01.jpg
    Rusted floor 01.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 133
  • Rusted floor 02.jpg
    Rusted floor 02.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 134
  • Rusted floor 03.jpg
    Rusted floor 03.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 133
  • oil filter broken 04.jpg
    oil filter broken 04.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 133
  • AC Unit PC250002.jpg
    AC Unit PC250002.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 133
  • Radiator 04.jpg
    Radiator 04.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 134

Mark.Sibole

its a shame what laxk of caring and maintanance does to a machine.Mine is a 2004 and sure it has a bew bumps and bruises on it but it still looks very nice.But I take the time to clean it...

cowrider

Well I took it out today Here are some pics.

Attachments

• Front diff 08.jpg
    Front diff 08.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 118
  • Front diff 09.jpg
    Front diff 09.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 121
  • Front diff 14.jpg
    Front diff 14.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 119
  • Front diff 15.jpg
    Front diff 15.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 120

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
its a shame what laxk of caring and maintanance does to a machine.Mine is a 2004 and sure it has a bew bumps and bruises on it but it still looks very nice.But I take the time to clean it...
I agree Mark. It appears these machines never got any kind of appreciative care-probably just used and abused. I hope things work out for you cowrider. collie

cowrider

Thanks for the support. Taking a step at a time. Haven't decided what to do with the diff but there are lots of other things to work on in the mean time. Till some parts come in there is some rust to cover. The plow mount needs to come off and repair as well. Just wanted to share and get some photos out there.

ovrszd

Appears the front diff gears ate themselves?? Maybe a tooth broke off. Then was picked up by the oil and ran thru the gears. No room for that. If enough speed was being applied for the inertia of the moving vehicle to keep things turning the pinion and ring gears had to move apart. Busted case was the result. I've saw this several times on 4x4 vehicles. :(

cowrider

Would anyone have the part # for the bevel pinion shaft? The parts listing shows the numbers for the ring and pinion or the Front Differential Assy but not the shaft by itself.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Cowrider, this is one listing I found of several- wasn't sure exactly what you have. http://www.messicks.com/ku/86220 If you sign in at the Messick store link , you can view their parts diagrams or they email them to you, I can't remember.. It is safe though - I have done it .(It is a requirement of the big kubota cheese and not just Messicks in order for them to share information with us.) Just go over on the side column and choose the item you want to view such as front axle, .click on it and options will drop down in a menu. And you can sign in from that page to view diagrams etc. . bordercollie

edit http://www.messicks.com/ku/86220 how to use their online part catalog video is a choice in the bottom left corner too . They are also nice to talk to.

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Cowrider;

Ya think maybe a couple tubes of that JP Weld me up stuff could glue that case back together. Might even work to smear some around, let it harden up as you chug a beer or two then take a dremell tool to it. I bet then, you get a gallon or two of molasses and pore in thar and take it easy for the first couple hundred hours and you got it made. As far as those rusty holes in the floorboards. Ya ever see the Flintstones go mobile? You and the missus pedaling along on a Sunday afternoon... probably doesn' get much better than that. Just saying.

cowrider

Did have a couple of trucks with no floors or brakes here on the farm. Tractor brakes never did work when coming off the hill with a wagon full of hay. You ether learned to drive or found yourself rolled over in the creek or wrapped around a tree. JB, rods and baling wire are my best friends. Bet I could patch this one together even using the same ring and pinion and it would work for a while. Could always play the Con and pass it off to someone having them think they are getting a deal, bondo and paint sure do the trick. But I figure Karma comes back around at some point and wouldn't pull a fast one. Can just keep the pinion out, plug the opening with JB to keep some oil in and water out and just run it without 4 wheel. Or just get a couple of bad axles half's in the wheels would work too. Always options. Beers do sound good though.