A/C compressor RTV1100

cowrider

I had purchased two 1100's in which both had the compressors set up, pulley would not turn. There was no way I was going to pay what the dealer wanted for a compressor so I purchased a 11287C Universal Air Conditioner and a UAC RD10017C A/C Receiver Drier from ebay for a little less than $200 each machine. Installed these with the only difference being the connector had the be changes. So far they are working fine.

I went and wanted to see why the original compressors didn't work and tore them apart. They did not want to come apart easy. What I found was that the pulley rusted to the magnet. The compressor shaft turns free.

Attachments

• rtv compressor parts 01.jpg
    rtv compressor parts 01.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 78
  • rtv compressor parts 03.jpg
    rtv compressor parts 03.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 78
  • rtv compressor parts 04.jpg
    rtv compressor parts 04.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 79
  • rtv compressor parts 05.jpg
    rtv compressor parts 05.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 77
  • rtv compressor parts 06.jpg
    rtv compressor parts 06.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 77

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Excellent information Cowrider. Thank you for taking the time to post the reason for failure and the pictures also. I love to find out the whys - :tiphat: collie

Reactions: Doc

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
What I wonder, brought on by your excellent photos and text, is what caused the corrosion to get in there and ruin that mechanical component????.....What is the rest of the machine like???........In seeing my own tailgate disintegrate before my eyes, photos and threads on here from folks fighting rust, and now your discussion, I do wonder if Kubota uses the best anti-corrosion materials available.............

cowrider

With the corrosion of the compressor I would think that in this case the machine may have been used for snow removal and spreading salt. The compressor is an industry standard and not kubota. But not to beat a dead horse, I feel that the use of powder coatings and the newer paints are causing a lot of issues. My garden hose reel has never been exposed to salt but the paint has flaked off in large chunks and rusted thru.

briander1963

I had purchased two 1100's in which both had the compressors set up, pulley would not turn. There was no way I was going to pay what the dealer wanted for a compressor so I purchased a 11287C Universal Air Conditioner and a UAC RD10017C A/C Receiver Drier from ebay for a little less than $200 each machine. Installed these with the only difference being the connector had the be changes. So far they are working fine.

I went and wanted to see why the original compressors didn't work and tore them apart. They did not want to come apart easy. What I found was that the pulley rusted to the magnet. The compressor shaft turns free.
Which connector did you have to change?

ItBmine

I know up here lots of plow contractors use RTV's, so they are always exposed to salt.

But for homeowner use.....do the RTV's have corrosion issues? Anything I should watch for or maybe spray with Krown?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Never heard of Krown. You're in Canada, right?
Here in the States, most everyone I know uses Fluid Film.
The place most have corrosion issues is on the 900 model, under the rubber floor mat in the cab.