ML106 bucket capacity

Terry2816

Greetings!

I just joined this forum today and have looked through a number of posts looking for an answer to a question I have about bucket capacity for the ML106 60" loader bucket.

I have found the lifting capacity and the breakout force, but have not located the cubic capacity of the bucket struck lever or heaped.

Does anyone know what the cubic feet capacity is for the bucket?

Thanks in advance:tiphat:,

Terry, it is listed here on the Mahindra Website under the specs category. 7.3 cubic feet, doesn't say struck or heaped although I'm thinking that it is the struck measurement.

Practice practice practice is what will take care of that. :thumb: How do you like your tractor so far? I have a 3215HST, and it is a real work horse for us. Have you liquid filled your tires? Fill your tires, it makes literally a day and night difference when using the loader. Gotta go, talk later. :tiphat:

Terry2816

Practice practice practice is what will take care of that. :thumb: How do you like your tractor so far? I have a 3215HST, and it is a real work horse for us. Have you liquid filled your tires? Fill your tires, it makes literally a day and night difference when using the loader. Gotta go, talk later. :tiphat:

I am getting better, and can get a decent load in loose material, but not so full when working with compacted materials like clay.

Mine is the 2816HST, and it too is a real workhorse. I hang the box blade or rototiller on the back to help balance the loader. It does help, but filling the tires sounds like it would help out much more.

So far, the only things that have not worked quite as well as I expected (besides my driving skills) are the front pivot pin grease fitting refuses to take any grease (my dealer has the same problem when he services the tractor) and the bolts that secure the loader to the loader sub-frame. I check them often, and keep them as tight as they should be, but so far I have had a nut come off the bolt twice while working. I notice the top of the loader frame jumping when I pick up a load. I have not removed the loader from the tractor, so the bolts and nuts (and the tightness) are how they left assembly.

I am going to take the loader off tomorrow and see what I can do to fix the problem. I think longer Gr.8 bolts, locktite and double nutting may be the answer.:brows:

PBinWA

I used red loctite on my 2615 loader bolts around 300 hours ago and it hasn't loosened up yet(knock on wood). They were loose then - real loose. Make sure you clean the bolts and holes really well and buy a new tube of loctite if yours is older than a year.

Terry2816

Thanks guys.

I installed longer bolts to make it so they extend all the way through the nuts, as the original bolts did not do that. I installed lockwashers and elastic stop nuts to see if that works. I do not have any locktite as my tube was very old and I pitched it out, so if they get loose again, I WILL put it on them then. I worked the loader hard the last two days and so far, they are still tight.

Bindian

I am getting better, and can get a decent load in loose material, but not so full when working with compacted materials like clay.

Mine is the 2816HST, and it too is a real workhorse. I hang the box blade or rototiller on the back to help balance the loader. It does help, but filling the tires sounds like it would help out much more.

So far, the only things that have not worked quite as well as I expected (besides my driving skills) are the front pivot pin grease fitting refuses to take any grease (my dealer has the same problem when he services the tractor) and the bolts that secure the loader to the loader sub-frame. I check them often, and keep them as tight as they should be, but so far I have had a nut come off the bolt twice while working. I notice the top of the loader frame jumping when I pick up a load. I have not removed the loader from the tractor, so the bolts and nuts (and the tightness) are how they left assembly.

I am going to take the loader off tomorrow and see what I can do to fix the problem. I think longer Gr.8 bolts, locktite and double nutting may be the answer.:brows:
Terry2816,:tiphat:
Try greasing with the pivot in different positions. Is it a bucket pivot or steering pivot? Either way, lift the front axle off the ground with the bucket and see if your fittings will take grease.
hugs, Brandi