My own compairison

King

I have Kubota 1100 and a Polaris ranger xp 900 and have looked the Honda pioneer up close and have followed it on the sxs forums. The Polaris's have a ton of problems. Bad wirers and connectors The axles are weak for the amount of horsepower they have really easy to brake them if you give it to much gas. The differential has a plastic gage in it. It to breaks often. small charging system you have to add a second battery. Its a belt drive if it gets wet your done. Try hooking up to trailer with one really jerky when it first engages have to bring the trailer to it . No hyd dump bed. They are fast and have great suspension can cover a lot of miles fast and smooth. They have a good cab and good heater which is a must for me we work in all kinds of weather . Over all it just feels cheap like they cut corners every where they could they just don't last long. More of a kids Cadillac with a short life span. The Kubota is great a few of my complaints would be its needs a faster top speed for travelling to and from places on a good road. Its super reliable. The suspension is like a cement mixed way to stiff will beat you to death but then again its reliable . Great cab heat and air no dust all metal the other ones are all plastic. HYd dump bed i use it all the time diesel power great fuel mileage and they last forever. The new Honda looks great and its a Honda on the forums not to many problems at all. The cab sucks it just clamps on to the roll bars with clamps and a rubber seal leaves lot of holes. There heater doesn't work guys that have say hardly any heat comes out and no defrost for the windows. The Honda will probably be super reliable to. No hyd dump bed. You would think one manufacture could come up with a super reliable machine that rides smooth has a great cab with heat and air and can travel around 30 to 35 mph . I guess they all are just a compromise. For now my Kubota is as close as my dream machine that I can get. I still might upgrade to the new one even though they seem to have one small issue we shall have to see how it plays out but I really like the independent suspension and the upgrades they did. Please chime in on your thoughts on these machines it will help us all Thanks Tim

Last edited:

kobe

Just a quick note Tim, After I put the Grim Reapers on my 900, the ride improved about 100 %, along with the traction in snow ice and mud.

pop58

King,

I can tell you that the new X1120D suspension is as good as a Cadillac. The top speed is only 29 but I can live with that.

I can tell you I am done with belts.

If I went with anything other then the Kubota I would for sure check out the Pioneer. Its not a Kubota but for what it is and the transmission, might be worth checking.

I love the older model Kubotas but for me I will stick with my new X series, it's a completely different machine then the older models.

tlk

I have no experience with a hondo but lots with Polaris and now Kubota. I owned three ranger 6x6 Polaris's. The first one was awesome - the second two not so much. A long time Polaris service manager at a dealer told me that Polaris started farming out many of its parts and as you stated, are cheap, plastic, etc. On top of all that, corporate Polaris could give a lick about any of it - they will just flat ignore you if you have a major issue on a unit.

My 1100 Kubota has been great except for one hiccup with having to replace an entire axle just for a boot (documented well in other threads). You are right in that the speed could be better - to me, however, the Kubota cab is off the charts. One of the main issues with almost every other brand I looked at was the cab systems - most are after market and suck. My Polaris cabs were OK but did not have AC and were nowhere near airtight or dust proof.

My 1100 cab is literally air tight - if one door is closed then for the second door to be closed you almost have to slam it because it is so airtight. After testing it well (132 hours) at our deer lease this past year, I can tell you the cab is as dust proof as I think you can find.

Just my 2 cents - and I agree, seems like a manufacturer would take all into consideration and combine all of the best assets into one unit -

Great write up. King!

i'm 99.9% happy with my X-1100.....It's a great machine overall!

Yes, I have "play" in the rear wheels but I believe Kubota is lurking around, monitoring the situation. I'm not going to throw my Kubota under the bus over this issue and yes I wish it didn't have "play" but I was told to drive it, so I am. Overall, the new IRS is great, at least mine is. It rides really smooth & is predictable, especially in off camber situations.

The quality and projected life span is what drew me to Kubota and the X-1100. I spend approximately 10 hours per day, 6 days per week running up & down pipelines. The X-11 has completely replaced my JEEP as my mobile "office". One thing my friends can't do in their Polaris, Honda & Yamaha's is write & submit reports while sitting in a comfortable, air conditioned cab!...lol