RTV 900 - Improved Hill Climbing Power

TRIBUTE100

After making adjustments and throttle modifications to synchronize the engine and HST on my 2010 RTV 900 as described in several posts under the "RTV HST Adjustments" thread up to date 1-16-2014, I installed a hand throttle today (P/N V4241, Coleman Equip, $81 incl. shipping).

I was concerned that the hand throttle travel would not be enough since I had extended the engine throttle lever. The instructions said to attach the end of the hand throttle cable to the outer most hole in the engine throttle lever. I removed the outer bolt and nut that was holding my aluminum throttle lever extension and attached the end of the hand throttle cable there, leaving the inner bolt and nut intact. The hand throttle cable is the one in the top of the picture, closest to the engine, and the throttle cable from foot pedal is at the bottom of the picture. This set up gave the hand throttle enough travel to allow slack at idle while achieving WOT when fully pulled out. You can't see it from the picture, but the hand throttle cable connects to the throttle lever with a spacer and a long joint pin that allows it to stand above the pedal throttle cable.

In the test run I found that by feathering the pedal to allow aux. pump to kick in, along with the hand throttle fully pulled out, it increased unit's speed up a steep hill by 2-3 mph compared to earlier runs with no additional weight in unit. I believe this will also provide for additional power under heavier loads.

I did notice when going downhill with the hand throttle pulled up that engine braking was not as abrupt when letting of the pedal. I prefer the full engine braking because of our hills.

Attachments

• KUBOTA RTV 900 HAND THROTTLE.jpg
    KUBOTA RTV 900 HAND THROTTLE.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 139

King

My rtv 1100 has a hand throttle and I use it all the time/ The gas peddle then just becomes the transmission control works great