Draw bar questions

I tried a couple of my draw bars in the 2" receivers (front & rear) last evening and found the hole for locking pin did not line up with the hole in the receiver (shaft of the draw bar too long).

Is this a common issue with RTV900XT?

I also found with the front brush guard, it was a challenge to even see or feel the correct spot to insert locking pin without laying on the shop floor.

Is there a "trick" to reaching the locking pin in the front receiver? :bonk:

Thanks

creekman

Hello. Yes, I found that same problem with the length of
my recievers hitting the Kubota frame slightly before the
holes would line up. I chose to grind away some metal
from the length of the reciever to make the holes line up.
I used a handheld side grinder to do this. I don't know
an easier way to insert the front pin. Good luck.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I trimmed just enough off of mine (bought at w mart)so that it would fit. I think the K folks have their 2" receivers made and drilled at that length so folks without the saw/ etc to fix the attachment, will buy from them. collie

edit: I lost a ball mount several years ago when my hair pin clip was most probably pulled out by sticks. I just happened to find it in the pasture where it had fallen out didn't find the pin nor clip though. Now I make sure my clip is "up and over" and not down in the pull position.. collie

creekman

It was actually a little more work than I expected with a side grinder.
If i remember correctly it was about 3/8". If you are taking it to a
bandsaw, I don't see any harm taking 3/4" to 1" just to be sure.
This amount will change depending on who made the reciever.
Slide your reciever in until it hits the kubota frame. Then try to
measure hoe much more travel that you will need to make the holes
line up. I think I needed about half a hole more travel to line up.
Also, if your reciever is solid steel rather than hollow tube, I advise
buying the hollow tube to modify.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
How much did you need to trim off to make it work?

I can't remember but I think it was _ an inch. What you may can do ,since the back surface is contoured, is take a 2" piece of wood ,stick in the receiver and mark the pin hole with a pencil.drill it out ,and then put it on top of the hitch with the pin lining them up, mark the metal. cut , grind it a tad if a hair too long. (my ruler and me don't always get along) collie

creekman

You can slide your reciever in until it hits the kubota frame. Then use something to mark inside of the pin hole. When you remove the reciever, measure between your mark and the reviever's pin hole. Then add a 1/4" or so for good measure.

"(my ruler and me don't always get along) collie"

and I thought I was the only one to have this problem ;)

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, I will see what I can do.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I can't remember but I think it was _ an inch. What you may can do ,since the back surface is contoured, is take a 2" piece of wood ,stick in the receiver and mark the pin hole with a pencil.drill it out ,and then put it on top of the hitch with the pin lining them up, mark the metal. cut , grind it a tad if a hair too long. (my ruler and me don't always get along) collie
what I should have said was put the drilled out block of wood on top of the ball mount piece, lined up with the pin being in both holes ,and mark the back edge where the wood ends. to find the length. I used a metal cutting chop saw:tiphat:. I had too much coffee this morning whew.. and am still buzzing. collie