sad day for this guy...

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Ouch !!! Hope the owner of that RTV had insurance to cover the loss. </p>

A picture might be worth thou$ands to you.RTV Forum contributors (and others), aworthwhile project for the beginning of 2009 would be to make a photographic inventoryof all your valuable possessions and store it in a safe place (like a bank safety deposit box) away from your residence.Jewery and antiques are especially hard to identify (for insurance purposes) after any kind of loss - fire or theft. All firearms should also include a closeup picture or otherrecord ofserial numbers. Scopes and other accessories should also be identified. In your inventory. Try to include purchase price and place and date bought as part of your records. Most insurance companies have alimit on what you can recover in the way of jewery, antiques, collectibles, firearms, tools, cameras, stereos, iPodsand other electronic equipment unless you buy additional coverage for items like that.(You have any idea how much money you have tied up in some of that stuff you have laying around your place. lol.) Get out your homeowners policy and read the fine print and/or talk to your trusted insurance agent.</p>

As the economy continues to take a nose dive, less than honorable people will be on the lookout for opportunities to steal what you have worked hard to acquire. Anything to make a fast buck. Our local newspapers have been reporting on the increase of this "grab and go" type of crime. (A friend recently vacationing in Mrytle Beach, S.C. happened to be watching from the window of his high-rise hotel as 4 guys down in the parking lot - using 2x4's under the front and rear wheels - picked up a locked full-size Harley Davidson motorcycle (750 lbs) and threw it in the back of a pickup truck and then speed off. Total time to commit the theft... about 15 seconds.)</p>

On otheritems like tractors, farm equipment, RTV'sor large tools,besides the photographic inventoryand serial numbers, you might want to engrave in an inconspicious place, a number (like your drivers license- NOT Social Security Number) or symbol you could later identify.</p>

A word to the wise is sufficient. Lets all havea Happy New Year in 2009</p>

Keifer, a RTV wannabe</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
to bad he wouln't ship that thing to me!! i need a frame with the bed and trnny and everything on it so i can make more parts i ain't worried if it's burnt up and don't run.</p>