New to me

green anchors

It certainly is! Changed the oil a second time after only 10 hours... was pretty dirty. Thinking there was some neglect and it needed some "special love" looks good now after another 5 so far.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks good!

Get used to the oil looking dirty. That's just the way it is with diesels. Mine looks dirty 5 minutes after changing it.

Be careful that the winch hook doesn't get stuck in the roller fairleads. I use a bungie cord to keep it out.

Attachments

• CIMG0473.jpg
    CIMG0473.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 98

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Good on Ya for sure.......Great tires already. How many hours?........You will use and use and use this great machine.....God bless......Dennis

green anchors

Thanks for the tip BC! Why I love this forum. Was out with the wife for a Sunday morning "coffee ride", still a bit of snow here in Bristol NY and had her slide on a hill just right to put a few trees in the way of us just driving out(nope, wife was not impressed) so needed the winch to point us in the right direction. By looking at my picture..... could have used this tip earlier. Feel better about the oil, first diesel. Picked her up with 586 hours and have run about 25 on her so far. Love the front rack BC...... I'll tell the wife you are costing us money, I NEED one!

ccmdvl1960

green anchors, congrats on the new machine. Yours looks great!

BCZOOM - I really like the dark gray paint on your brush guard. Did you paint it or swap it out from a camo machine? If you painted it, how did you prep it? Is it holding up well?

green anchors

Mine is an 04 and my understanding is it came with the brush guard and no hydro. I wish it had I would love to look at some hydro attachments. I think I picked it up cheap enough to think about the expense but not on an 04.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Green Anchors, On my 2005 900, It was a worksite model and came with the hydraulic dump and a brush guard and ws tires.
I think the general purpose model had no brush guard and no hydraulics, I don't remember the tires on it but I think they were knobby,
The recreational model( camo) had a guard and speedometer and atv tires.
The turf model had turf tires and -may- have been the one with extra hydraulic hookups. Please feel free to correct me brothers,because I am recalling from memory on the ones I didn't own.
If you are interested in seeing the hydraulics on the '05, it is much like the pictures I posted on the wipe wiper thread that I started.. What I did was add a hydraulic cooler to my 2011 900 so that the plastic hydraulic tank would not overheat and melt- there have been instances of that in the past or so I have heard.. On the models that come with the hyd dump, there are quick disconnect fittings at the rear and that is where I hooked up my hydraulic weed wiper. I can take a picture of the oem pump if you want to see that too. I am putting a link to the hydraulic cooler thread because it may have the best pictures for you to see. http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14755&highlight=weed+wiper collie

Last edited:

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
Bordercollie, in 2010 and 2011 the utility model was the one supplied with the additional hydraulic oil reservoir and extra hydraulic outlets. That the years I really began having interest. There certainly could have been differences prior to 2010.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks pepr. I forgot that one. :) I remember having to order a speedometer for my ws model in Feb of '05. I was bent because it was only available on the camo model back then. Then. I got on the net and found our little RTV forum.... Zoom sent me installation information..This was back when we were Compact Tractor ...oh how time flies..
.Boy was it cold today! Cows got blood drawn today to see if they are with calf. We finally got how at 7p and warmed our hands and toes. Hope your cows are well. collie

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
BorderCollie, it has been a challenging year here at Rehm Angus. First, found the oldest embryo transfer cow dead, then lost a new-born. That was about two to three weeks ago. Last Saturday, wife got me to assist a first calf heifer that was in labor. An easy delivery and all was well, then when wife went the next evening to feed hay, found the new-born dead. She thinks it had been laid on, smothering the poor little girl. With my small herd, I have lost 4% of the cows and 9% calf loss. That hurts at todays cattle prices.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
BCZOOM - I really like the dark gray paint on your brush guard. Did you paint it or swap it out from a camo machine? If you painted it, how did you prep it? Is it holding up well?
I painted it. I didn't care for the light gray.

I didn't prep it as well as I probably should have. I gave a light sanding to the OEM paint then painted over it with Rustoleum Hammered Gray. It's close to the OEM dark gray but about 1/3 of the price. In general, it's holding up well (no rust or anything) but big scrapes takes off my coat of paint exposing the light OEM gray underneath.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I painted it with Rustoleum Hammered Gray. QUOTE]

I, and several others have used the OEM KUbota spray cans of paint.

Don't know who does the "paint thing" for KUBOTA. But it is NO GOOD !!!

Do what bczoom has done and use a quality paint like Rustoleum.

The experience I had just about drove me crazy. All the prep work and then
went and used the paint I purchased from the Kubota dealer. That was a very big mistake.

............ two guns