Let the mods begin!

Mine leaked one day then not for two days. Then only a little another day. The over flow was over filled to.
Took it in because just got it and its under warranty. That way any issues are on record.
Looking forward to seeing your mods.

I agree Pop, bringing it to their attention and leaving a paper trail.

Today's weather is nice, so it's time to break out the tools and start removing my interior. After my wiring nightmare that i'm embarking on, I plan to insulate behind every nook and cranny that I can. I did it to my Jeep Unlimited and it made a big difference....

Hey guys!
I removed my headliner yesterday to start my lighting project and was surprised to find two wires going to each of the roof mounts. I hate to sound like a dummy but I cant find anything describing what they are, where they originate from etc. :pat:
Thanks!

Gary

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Hey guys!
I removed my headliner yesterday to start my lighting project and was surprised to find two wires going to each of the roof mounts. I hate to sound like a dummy but I cant find anything describing what they are, where they originate from etc. :pat:
Thanks!

Gary

Are they going to the metal mounts ?

Could they be grounds ?

Are they going to the metal mounts ?

Could they be grounds ?

Two Guns, it's two wires going to each of the double bolted mounts on both the front and rear of the cab. I saw the wires going into them from the inside and I removed the bolts and plate on the outside and they are in lying in the rubber gasket.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Two Guns, it's two wires going to each of the double bolted mounts on both the front and rear of the cab. I saw the wires going into them from the inside and I removed the bolts and plate on the outside and they are in lying in the rubber gasket.

I don't know this for a fact. But I would bet, one is positive and one is ground.
Use a OHM meter to check to be on the safe side .....

*** NOTE :
Be sure to turn key in the "ON" position when checking wires.
And remember to turn key "OFF" when finished.

**** A KEY LEFT IN THE "ON" POSITION
RUNS THE HOURS METER >>>>

....... two guns

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Prime;
Almost 100% sure those wires are for the front work light. I see from your photos you dont have the kubota installed lights. There will also be a set of wires up under your dash for two switches for front lights (2) and (1) rear work light. The rear work light wire is located up behind drivers head.

Prime;
Almost 100% sure those wires are for the front work light. I see from your photos you dont have the kubota installed lights. There will also be a set of wires up under your dash for two switches for front lights (2) and (1) rear work light. The rear work light wire is located up behind drivers head.

Thanks, I appreciate your help!

I've been busy but got the windows tinted and installed my "Zombie" switches!...lol

I took the stereo out and completely started from scratch to get some tunes in there. I'm mounting an Alpine unit with Bluetooth & four 6 1/2" speakers with a Rockford Fosgate 300 watt amp countersunk in the overhead box. It's being being sprayed with bedliner this morning to match the bed.

I hope to drive the darn thing sometime soon, not just work on it!..lol
Ps. Forgot to say I mounted a 30" LED Bar forward & a 12" to the rear!

Have a great day guys!

Attachments

• IMG_5377.jpg
    IMG_5377.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 180

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Dang, that's one sweet ride right there.

A heads-up. Be careful if you run the stereo amp without the engine running. I too put an amp in mine and would play the stereo while working around the RTV (engine was shut off). The amp killed my battery more than once. I fixed it by replacing the OEM battery with a deep-cycle marine battery.

Dang, that's one sweet ride right there.

A heads-up. Be careful if you run the stereo amp without the engine running. I too put an amp in mine and would play the stereo while working around the RTV (engine was shut off). The amp killed my battery more than once. I fixed it by replacing the OEM battery with a deep-cycle marine battery.

Thanks bczoom!

That's a good idea for sure.
I'm building a lower brace system next to the "primary" battery, so I can run a "secondary" deep-cycle marine battery and isolator on it.
The isolator gives you peace of mind knowing your music or lighting won't leave you with a dead battery.

Here's a pic from the passenger side door, showing the floorboard LED's.
I will post picks tomorrow of the switch panel & stereo install. It sure sounds good & the Bluetooth is great!

Attachments

• IMG_5342.jpg
    IMG_5342.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 153
That pic doesn't look right with the reflection. When sitting in it you can't see the reflection on the kick panel.
By the way, I found a LED dome light replacement bulb that is much brighter with a slight bluish tint to it. Will post the name brand tomorrow.

Hey guys!

Thought i'd share some pics of the stereo, light bars, "Zombie" switch panel.
I'm trying to decide where to mount my Cobra cb before buttoning up the headliner today.
The LED bulbs for the interior cab light are from Oracle Co. I recommend them highly!

Have a great weekend!
Gary

Attachments

• IMG_5439.jpg
    IMG_5439.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_5457.jpg
    IMG_5457.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_5455.jpg
    IMG_5455.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 142