Open Your Eyes Kubota

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Kubota better open their eyes.

I like my RTV. Please don't get me wrong.
Went to the Honda Dealership today.
Several Pioneers on display.
They offered the keys to the Honda Pioneer to test fire !!!

There was two machines that the dealer has added some "extras" on.
BIG TIRES and rims was there also. Think they were 28 inchers.

THAT DAMN MACHINE WILL RUN. The big tires do not pull the engine down.
It will scoot. Has power to spare. Strong as a OX !!!

Yes, Kubota better open their eyes, for many other other are looking the OTHER way !!!

$10,000 >>>>>

............ two guns

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I may have a wandering eye at that news, Two Guns Mmmm what did the shifter look like?. Oh shoot I will go take a look at the web site.. temptation. .. I owe about 5500 on my 2011 900xt and need to keep it another couple of years but.... Kubota needs to show a bit of consideration for it's customers when pricing the parts and service. This shows I am irritated about what happened to tlk and the -no replacement boot -- buy the whole thing "deal.". I am sure we can work around that parts monopoly, like I did with the aftermarket radiator fan.. (saved about $350) and it worked better ! Thread on here about it.. Anyway Kubota listen to your customers...we're tired.. collie

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Man ,Two Guns...that looks nice !! I LIKE.:thankyou2:collie

Hey, Looks like some farm hands are enjoying the ride also !!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uBQuAU_9X8[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ar7lYRiEM[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljVHeRHircA[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJQ0wipNZGw[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_UyGJdqqxc[/ame]

Hey, be nice to have one of these too !!!!
Got me a thinking !!!

............. jamie

tlk

does the honda have the full cab? To me that is the number one draw of the 1100 - AC, heater, dust free - also what is top end speed for the Honda?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I do like that. I wish it had the hydraulic dump bed ..not that I use it much but I do use my hydraulic weed wiper on that same pump. collie

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter

Attachments

• Honda Full Cab.jpg
    Honda Full Cab.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 152
  • Honda Full Cab Back Window.jpg
    Honda Full Cab Back Window.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 151
  • Honda Full Cab Doors.jpg
    Honda Full Cab Doors.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 151

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Remember well, when I was looking for a side-by-side all terrain vehicle, back when in search for a quality machine. Owned several Honda automatic four wheelers. Matter of fact, I've owned so many Hondas I can't remember. But do remember this, and it is a fact. I have never had a Honda in the shop for repairs. NEVER.
With this being said. Back during this time, Made contact with a Honda engineer. Explained to him what we were looking for. We were looking for something automatic, NO BELT DRIVE ...
He told that Honda was in the process and had some proto types on the floor. But none has been released and don't know when they were. But he did tell me, if we were going to buy a belt-less machine, if we were going to buy one at this moment. Get a Kubota. For they are the only ones on the market, at that time that he knows of, that has the automatic, beltless transmission. And that I did.
BUT,
He also asked, if time comes to replace the Kubota RTV or wanted to add one to our needs. Please give Honda a chance, for by then, we should have one on the market by then.
You know, I MIGHT DO JUST THAT !!!!
................... jamie

Here's my friends Polaris Ranger 900 with all the bells and whistles (-air conditioning) it has a locking front diff, 50mph+ and no slack in the drive train!

For the first time in my life i'm hoping the phone doesn't ring to report to the job site. Not until Kubota finds a solution to this problem....lol

Attachments

• IMG_4692.jpg
    IMG_4692.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 147

King

I have The Polaris xp 900 and it is junk along with a Kubota 1100 I will write out a comparison later don't have time right now. The new Hondas are nice but the cab and heater system suck not good for cold weather. There really is not one machine that is what all of us need for real work.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
There really is not one machine that is what all of us need for real work.

Maybe it's just me and I don't know any better. My Daddy was a depression kind of fella and my grandpa was a true cattle hand from west Texas. They taught me LOTS about makin things work and repairing most anything. BUT>>>>>>>What they really taught me most was to be happy with what I have and not just to want something cause it's new or the other fella has it........If it works......What's wrong with it???? or if it ain't broke dont fix it........

I don't know but for me, my 05 is paid for and does what I need it to do with hauling wood, moving manure, rolls of hay, 20 bags of feed or fertilizer and on and on......It does just what I need it to do and probably more. Yes, sure.....It would be nice to have more/better/newer.....and on and on.......BUT IT'S PAID FOR

Just an old guy here who is on a pretty much fixed income; but I have enough to get what I NEED........WHAT I NEED.......The truck, tractor, car, motorcycle, go fast toy car, land, house, and on and on are paid for.........All that is gonna happen is somebody that I don't want to get what I have is one of these days gonna lay claim to it for their "share".......Anyway.....Just this ol boy talkin......God bless........Dennis

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
Amen Dennis!

The only first year model of anything I have purchased was a 1984 Honda 400 4-wheeler. Pretty good machine. Replaced it some 15 years later with a Hinda 350 ES Rancher. Pretty sorry machine.

TwoGuns, I'd say you've been very lucky to have not had issues with your Hondas.

When choosing a UTV, I had one major requirement. NO BELT DRIVE. I was introduced to variable speed belt drive as a you kid dealing with a John Deere 55 combine. Never a problem with the variable speed belt drive. So why didn't I want a belt drive UTV. Water and belts don't go together. So when looking at UTVs, the only non-belt drives were the Honda Big Red and the Kubota 900 or 1100 versions.

So why did I choose the Kubota over the Honda. ROBUSTNESS. Is that a word? Honda was plastic everywhere. I remember a big Honda sales pitch was that the plastic bed was made for easy component replacement should the plastic become broken. What's wrong with that sales pitch.

Back to my opening sentence, the only 1st year model ... Folks, I'm a degreed engineer and make many mistakes. History proves that perfection is impossible, but improving takes time. Kubota may have made a mistake on the new models. In time, it just might be proven that it was planned for a good reason, although, not likely.

I just looked at the overview of the Honda Pioneer. Think I'll stay with my Kubota.

Some of you have seen me put in print that I'm a John Deere guy. Not so for UTVs. Nice belt machine, but still a belt. I do believe that transmission issues with the Kubota will be very pricey, but few and far between. Hire a CVT belt replacement and spent $200 + often.

Amen Dennis!!!!

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I don't know but for me, my 05 is paid for and does what I need it to do with hauling wood, moving manure, rolls of hay, 20 bags of feed or fertilizer and on and on......It does just what I need it to do and probably more. Yes, sure.....It would be nice to have more/better/newer.....and on and on.......BUT IT'S PAID FOR

Don't want anyone to think I am wanting to rid of my RTV. For that I am not.
Like you, mine is paid for. Our RTV has NEVER give us any trouble.

We are so much happy with my RTV.

But it just blows my mind when a company with as much strength and good
reputation goes upside down on quality..... No completely saying Kubota has. But they need to get with the program.

........... two guns :2gunsfiring_v1:

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Jamie........Bud......AM NOT COMING DOWN ON YOU and sorry if it seems that I don't recognize what you are trying to say.......Actually am/was talking to folks on here that possibly are thinking/demonstrating that the only way to function in this world is to have the newest, bestest, and better than the other guy......Often I am taken the wrong way, so I want to set that straight...........

NOW........the direction of this thread, and a couple others in the last few days, is to point out to Kubota that the levels of engineering, consideration for the consumer, and quality control have begun to degrade the RTV line of machines.

We are all familiar with the use of SUD2 and it's cost in order for the machine to function properly......the cost, trouble, and time taken of to repair the simple things like a torn boot.....replace the whole assembly???????

Yes, they are listening as is demonstrated by the new U-joint grease zerks and the different method of transfering power to the front drive, or even back to the old need to fool with a fuel cap that doesn't work or the gizmo added to like your year to relieve pressure on the trans so that one can shift gears........

It seems though that the engineering/design rule of "form follows function" is possibly being ignored to give us power windows, AC, stereo, dash lights, glove boxes, and on and on........What about just the basic functioning of the WORK vehicle.....NOT the "feel good" do dads.........Oh well.....on and on.....But Bud.......Just so you know I hear what you are saying but that possibly some folks are down on Kubota for how shiny the doo dads are rather than how they work..........God bless.......Dennis

Mark.Sibole

From an engineers standpoint i have learned from the past it all looks great on paper.But putting things to practical use is a whole different story.Some times I think engineeres sit on their brains and they can do no wrong.If any company was smart they would troll these forums and getting feedback on things they need to improve on or they will be nothing but another business failure.

Mark.Sibole

I like my RTV but do see that it could stand some improvments.With to speed of about 25 to 28 mph and what it is designed for i personally think they should have put a front differential lock on the machine and let it to what it needs to do (WORK its ass off)

pop58

I also did not want a belt machine anymore. So settled for the the new X series and love it.
Been in quality for more then 35 years and Kubota is very good in that department.JMO.

If I wanted to stay with speed I would have looked at the Pioneer for sure though.
In done with belts.