2011 rtv 1100 coolant temperature switch

John in VC

New to this form. I have a 2011 rtv 1100 camp. I need the part number for the coolant temperature switch at the water flange by top radiator hose.

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
John, I don't know the p/n for this temperature switch for the 1100. But, I am curious why you need the p/n. Is your fan not cycling? If so, you're on the right sensor. The temperature sensor feeding the gauge is the one attached to the engine head.

Mine were and issue and were covered under warranty. Actually, the gauge turned out to be the culprit, twice on my RTV 900 XT.

Last edited:

John in VC

PEPR, When the heat gauge gets about way I tap on the temperature switch and the fan will cycle and work for the rest of the day.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Welcome John in VC,

Happy your here. Join in on any discussion you get the craving to.
We are all ears and will help when we can.

This is a big family here.
No matter what you see, we are real !!!!!
We can just about fix anything from here !!!!
The RTV just happens to be one of our specialties >>>>> :tiphat:

........ two guns

Attachments

• Monkey on PC.jpg
    Monkey on PC.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 64

BaiJiu

Welcome to the forum John. In the photo, Two Guns is bottom left. Bordercollie, is the one laughing at him, Doc is bottom right all serious and Zoom is the instructor to his right, Kanook is the one behind them that looks frozen, Pepr is back there on the left with his hands over his eyes and of course I am the one taking the picture. Hope you enjoy the forum.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
BaiJiu, That was a confidential ,classified meeting... you are in big time trouble . :yum: now everyone knows what we look like .... expect a visit from the big cheese 'fore long. bordercollie

John in VC

Thanks guy's for the help. I got the part ordered this morning. I thought i'd fit right in here by the looks of the picture.

BaiJiu

Oh yeah you'll do fine here John; you don't have to be pretty to fit in as you can see by those who participated in our latest meeting. This group is made up of an intelligent, committed, focused and supportive bunch of individuals who in total make up one awesome family.