What's in your RTV toolbox?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I thought it might be neat to find out some of the things fellow members carry in their RTV's toolbox.
I organized the one I have in the cargo bed the other day while watching a cow.. Here it is.. No, really, I use everything in there..( I also have a canvas tool bag with some sardines and extra pliers etc should I need 'em under the hood) . It is more than you can see in this one, for it is another layer on the bottom under the last plastic tray (that's where the blue high tensile wire crimper goes as well as the big crescent , hammer and pry bar go.). also my orange wedge for use with the chain saw is there. collie

Attachments

• 0218141110.jpg
    0218141110.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 220
  • 0218141108.jpg
    0218141108.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow! I don't carry anywhere close to what you do.

The stuff that stays in the RTV is tow straps, first aid kit, bungie cords, TP, flashlight... All the stuff you always want to have with you.

My RTV sits in my shop. I just load it up with whatever I need for a particular project I'm about to do then unload when I'm done.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks BaiJiu and Zoom. When I don't put stuff back where it belongs, I can't find it. I did clean it out before I took the pictures.. I had 3 prs of gloves, 4 crecents ,5 partial rolls of electrical tape and insulators everywhere. I have the fat max box to the back and I keep a lot of extra stuff there including the folding saw..for when I am in a pinch.. and the water trough fixing stuff. That basket thing holding my pliers/end wrenches etc came out of a dishwasher.. :) collie

edit: I also carry allergic medication and eye wash. always good to have. for anyone

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Hammer, Bolt Cutters, Screw Drivers, End Wrench set. CRESENT wrech, Small Pry Bar, Short Chains, Belt Lift, Filter Wrench for Fuel Cap, Flashlight, Cartridges (back-up), Axe handle, Straps for tying up gators, Zip ties, bailing wire, DUCT TAPE, paper towel, snake bite kit, two sharp knifes (spares) and three snatch blocks. All kept in a Action Pak carrier ....

......... two guns...

Attachments

• Wild Boar 1.jpg
    Wild Boar 1.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 193
  • wild boar 2.jpg
    wild boar 2.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 194

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Two Guns,I bet you need a big time first aid kit with those varmints around! I bet you also have one of the pulleys to throw in a tree so you can take care of business with 'em. "coushon de lait" time (sp) . Reread your post- snatch blocks I see that now.. you are ready !
collie

Kanook

I'm one of those people who in a lot of cases leaves his tools in the place he last used them..I can usually find them unless someone comes along and moves them in the meantime...I have several axes,hammers, wrench sets etc etc...I can usually find one of what I'm looking for that way....Good thing my RTV is Kubota Orange...Helps to have some Mohawk tracking capabilities....just follow the tracks left behind by the tractor when I loose sight of it.

Mark.Sibole

Tools Kids and wife all go in the box lol Seriously Tools just in case i beark something Chin saw files and wrenches, wedges wire connectors and splice caps and pliers,Tow straps chains,ans a few misc things.During hunting season i remove the top trays and put the rifles in there for transport to and from the woods.

tlk

use mine hunting on deer lease so I have jack, tire plugs, compressor (I use the run flat kevlar tires but you never know). Ax, jug of water, gloves, wire cutters, small tool box, plastic ties, wire, ribbon to mark trails and bad spots in the road, oversized heavy hammer, snake bite kit, wasp spray, tow strap in case my winch fails, bungee cords, extra ammo, and some things I am sure I have forgotten

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
tlk, good idea on the tire plugs and compressor. Those are really handy to have on board.

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
I keep a bag of high tensile clips, fencing pliers and some insulators under the seat. Other stuff I load in the bed as needed and remove when I get back. I am trying to do better about putting things back where they belong when I unload. I think I just remembered where my missing open end wrenches are! I had them in a bucket when I was connecting the new bee yard electric fence last fall. Now if I can remember this tomorrow I will go to the fencing area in my building and look.:confused2:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I keep a bag of high tensile clips, fencing pliers and some insulators under the seat. Other stuff I load in the bed as needed and remove when I get back. I am trying to do better about putting things back where they belong when I unload. I think I just remembered where my missing open end wrenches are! I had them in a bucket when I was connecting the new bee yard electric fence last fall. Now if I can remember this tomorrow I will go to the fencing area in my building and look.:confused2:

Can't have too many fence clips muleman.:respect: I hope your bucket of end wrenches are found tomorrow. One day, I plan to put one of the strip magnets in my box - to use when working in grass and leaves . I like red handled tools ..easier to spot on the ground .. My main problem is that I get in a hurry and drop tools in the weeds.. poof! they disappear if I'm not real careful ... will spend a lot of time looking for my favorite pliers etc... Good to hear from you muley ! :tiphat: collie

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Now if I can remember this tomorrow.:confused2:

Muleman, it happens to all my friend !!!!

We ALL have a favorites. And that includes my pocket knife. Keep razar sharp. It's a tool, not a filler for the pocket.
Set out camera, reached around tree to bring the belt around. A small limb, almost a twig, was in the way. Pull knife cut. That is the last time I seen that knife.
Then, over a year later, decided to move camera. Keep in mind. All maintance, settings, and changing out memory cards are from the front. So there is no need to go around a tree .....

During the removal of the camera. Went to reach the "belt" back around the tree and my hand hit something. GUESS WHAT ? A knife . Somebody stabbed the tree. Must have been a wood rat that found my knife, UH ?:yum:

Must have stuck the knife in the tree to get out of my way for the time being duing the setting up the camera >>>>
For I'm on my knees when setting the cameras, so can't just push it back in my pocket. That is the only EXCUSE that I can come up with. It was like Christmas time. Found something under the tree !!!!

............. two guns

Attachments

• Fox & Hound.jpg
    Fox & Hound.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 103

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
Takes a strong character to own up to sticking ones knife in a tree and forgetting about it for a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny thing is that I do remarkable things such as that on an hourly bases.

Last year went out to the equipment shed to get my bright yellow soil sampler to lone to a co-worker. It's should be hanging on that large bridge nail on the back post on the left hand side of the stock trailer. NOT THERE! Spent a week looking for the thing. Called a buddy of mine to ask if I'd loaned it to him. Nope. Found it one day in the feed room behind a cabinet. Light bulb illuminated! I remembered putting it there thinking it would be easier finding it the next time I needed it. Go Figure????????

I do swear I've misplaced 3/4 of my metric sockets. Anybody seen them???