Buggy going to dealer

OrangeBuggy

So after saying for the last month or two that I was going to get the buggy to the dealer I finally got her loaded for the big trip. Have ten different issues that need to be fixed or adjusted. Well let you all know how it works out.

thunderdome

Gold Site Supporter
Orangebuggie I hope you find satisfaction with the issues on your buggie. Let us know how it goes. :pat:

OrangeBuggy

Got the buggy there tonight. When over everything with them and all should be fine. After buying a ZTR and an RTV they are getting to know me as I'm getting to know them. They are a new dealer and are trying. Without going into details they are fixing or making adjustments to: Losses power, headlights flicker, hard shifting, dust getting in cab, seatbelt light, driver window rolls down hard, fuel gauge, oil film on transmission, transmission buzzing and coolant leak. Well let you all know how it went after I get it back.
As a side note it has 388 miles and 37hrs on the clock.

htr4

Sounds like you have a hell of a list for a 37 hour machine! Let us know how it goes! Good luck!!

OrangeBuggy

Dealer called tonight and said RTV was done. Said they were able to fix all of my issues, hope so. Weather man is calling for it to start snowing tonight and ending sometime Monday or Tuesday. So we well see what the weather really does and if ok I'll gather up our Pastors grandkid and head after it. Well let you all know the outcome of the dealer visit.

Hey,orange buggy where is the dust getting in your cab? I noticed right on the bottom of my passenger door l can see right out to the ground!! The door seal does not even hit the frame! We are in snow up here right now,but your post made me think when summer does finally come the right front wheel is gonna fill the cab right up with dust. I don't know if my door is bent or what?:pat:

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
OrangeBuggy, what was done for the coolant leak? I have a small one (56 hours on my machine). It hasn't really lowered the level in the reservoir, but a teaspoon amount drips on the floor after parking overnight - just below driver's seat. I tightened stainless clamps but has not made a difference - even dealer checked it out. Still leaking.

Hope your long list was taken care of. It all should be under warranty.

OrangeBuggy

Hey,orange buggy where is the dust getting in your cab? I noticed right on the bottom of my passenger door l can see right out to the ground!! The door seal does not even hit the frame! We are in snow up here right now,but your post made me think when summer does finally come the right front wheel is gonna fill the cab right up with dust. I don't know if my door is bent or what?:pat:

OrangeBuggy, what was done for the coolant leak? I have a small one (56 hours on my machine). It hasn't really lowered the level in the reservoir, but a teaspoon amount drips on the floor after parking overnight - just below driver's seat. I tightened stainless clamps but has not made a difference - even dealer checked it out. Still leaking.

Hope your long list was taken care of. It all should be under warranty.

Did get the buggy back tonight. Pastors grandkid went with me after he was out of school. Haven't really driven it around yet, so I'll know more over the weekend. This much I do know, at lease for the time being. It shifted just fine cold, that's a big plus. The doors needed adjusting, roll down window a bit to shut now. Service bulletin for my serial number called for a new type of clamp. All other issues were fixed also. I'll hope for the best and see. Was told if I wasn't happy with anything to bring it back. All was done under warranty. I truly believe that they were really trying and I'm happy with that. If it has to go back, so be it, it well all work out in the end I'm sure.
Harry

tlk

on the coolant issue check the radiator cap - there are two of them - I was having issues and found all that was needed was cap replacement

OrangeBuggy

Hows it working now OrangeBuggy?

For the most part I think they got it. For the part I'm unhappy with is that it labors to go and the drone inside of the cab is really bad now. Would do 24 mph on flat ground, now only does 17, and it is working to do that. Talk to dealer today and well take it back Wednesday. They did say they would come get it if I wanted. It's really not that big of a deal as its only 12 miles and I can do it. They think trans just needs to be readjusted. Anyhow I'm sure they well get it, its just something little. I'm not jumping up and down yet anyhow.

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
fyi... My 2012 RTV 1100, with a Boss v-plow, and according to the speedometer, hits 29 on a dry flat hard road.