Kubota Sidekick RTV XG850 - First Drive and Reaction

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Noticed this Messick review on youtube of the new gas Kubota Sidekick. Looks like a pretty quick unit.

Would love to have one for fun, in addition to the X1120.

Have fun.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2VZRjo2suw[/ame]

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey, how bout a nice RTV 1140? I'll make you a deal on mine and then I can buy the 850. :yum: The 1140 is a bit big and heavy on my trails. I am considering selling it.

seery

This new machine won't steal any sales from the RZR or General market, but it may persuade us Kubota guys to grab a hold of our checkbooks!

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
IMAGINE THAT ....

A "GO FAST" KUBOTA ....

Our RTV 900, couldn't "go fast" if you threw it out of a air plane.

But have no problem pulling. NONE .....

.......... two guns

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Well................. I like the way it goes thru that mud.. I got stuck for the 2nd time in many years last week. Unbelievable to get stuck in August( still decent tread on the blackwaters but indeed shorter) - esp in the South. Ahh.. if the extra cash were to fall in my lap, I might consider one of these for a second vehicle, but that's not happening.. haha.. I mean the extra cash just too many other places to put it.

Lee1935

was in the dealers today and they had a sidekick on the showroom floor.
Not at all impressed, made to play, need a step ladder to get into the bed.
Raised the hood and then asked where's the air cleaner☺☺ under the bed but the intake is under the hood, not even a pre screen to keep rocks or mice out just a 2" hose.

seery

was in the dealers today and they had a sidekick on the showroom floor.
Not at all impressed, made to play, need a step ladder to get into the bed.
Raised the hood and then asked where's the air cleaner☺☺ under the bed but the intake is under the hood, not even a pre screen to keep rocks or mice out just a 2" hose.

Most vendors are showing the XG850 as using the same (dual) air intake filter as the RTV X900.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Genuine-OEM-...0-RTV-900-B3350-Series-K7591-82360/1049986865

Lee1935

My X900 came with the air cleaner under the hood. I installed a snorkel kit before ever taking it out of the shop

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I'm happy with my old work horse RTV 900. If I want to play ,(what is that?) I 'll take a vacation someday and just be lazy as all get out-.
I was amazed that the first RTVs had the air intake right down near the fuel tank and close by the rear wheel.. wonder who designed that? :hammer:. Not good for farming or dirt roads /fields. I moved mine up to under the roof's edge using the remainsof a large diameter agricultural transfer hose and some fittings.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I'm happy with my old work horse RTV 900. If I want to play ,(what is that?) I 'll take a vacation someday and just be lazy as all get out-.
I was amazed that the first RTVs had the air intake right down near the fuel tank and close by the rear wheel.. wonder who designed that? :hammer:. Not good for farming or dirt roads /fields...

We still have our first RTV, and that was one first things changed was the air intake. Like bordercollie said, wondered who designed that.

two guns