ARRESTORS & NEW MEMBERS

Kanook

I still have mine in after 7 years and it don't clog up. Must be because I run winter blend year round which has some kerosene mixed to keep it from gelling. That and a good hard run down the town road every so often that even gets the cooling fan to turn on sometimes.:yum:

You may have a point muleman...wonder if the winter fuel I run is the reason mine is not plugging up????

kobe

Moosejaw, Don't know how I missed your tailpipe project, but I did. Makes me wish I had not been so quick with a hack-saw. I like that you left the support section. Nice work Guy.~~~~KOBE

moosejaw

Thanks, way to much time to modify. Now has 213 hours on the modification and all is well. No failure of the system.

Moosejaw:letitsnow:

TinkerToyz

I have a 2007 1100CW and tried to remove the tail pipe to check out the arrestor. However with 450 hours and 7 years old, the small Torx screws are ... screwed! Can I cut them off with a grinder or drill them out?

Oh, howdy all. Stoney Lake, Ontario, Canada and we also have an 2005 900 as well.
I am just trying to reinstall the rear axle housing on the 1100 after replacing the left axle and bearings and hub. The inboard u-joint was toast and the split washer under the castle nut was broken meaning that the nut was NOT 140 ft-lb but was totally loose! The wheel hub split was damaged as was the corresponding splines on the axle. Bought hub/bearings/seals at Kubota dealer and OEM axle from an internet source.

TT

628pm

Site Supporter
Has anyone looked at a solution for the new model (2014 RTV's) on the spark arrestor, all we get to do currently is remove a bolt and hit it while the engine is running. I took the bolt out of the muffler at 50 hours and ran it for about 10 miles, it seemed to give me back some power.

OrangeBuggy

PLEASE ....

Don't forget the spark arrestors >>>
They will clogg up & slow your performance down.
By looking at the picture below, tell me how a engine can
work like this !!!!!

Most remove, some just clean >>>
What ever you do., do one or the other and keep it that way.

And since the sulfer rate has changed for the worst in diesel fuel.
Please keep a lubercating additive in your RTV. Add it to fuel.

How many hours do you think was it ran to get like that? What's a good time frame on hours before you should clean it? With the low suffer fuel I've been using Howe's from the beginning.

bigugly

hello ladies and gentlemen,

first a big thank you to those who have spent the time and effort to document the journey of owning a rtv.

we recnetly purchased a used 2008 1100 for $6500. good unit with 1050 hours

yesterday i was able to remove the bolts on the muffler after a week of daily spray with deep creep . . . like they say a picture is worth a thousand words

i believe it had never been removed

the larger question is how much power was being robbed, 10% 15%

after i 'fixed' the problem it climbs a long hill in M as opposed to L previously

thanks again and best regards

Attachments

• 20160219_124644.jpg
    20160219_124644.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 210

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome aboard!!!! The journey is a good one........I think you answered your own question with the power you gained by that engine being able to BREEEEEATH. Good on ya for the way you used your sense and took the time to get that bolt off the smart way. lol.....lots on here would've heavy handed it and then come on asking what they should do now with that stripped off head or broken shaft/shank of a bolt......Anyway, it's good to have you here. so instead of wasting this great Saturday, gonna go out and get some seat time...........God bless.....Dennis

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
On the newer models they don't have a screen. Instead, there is a plug in the muffler that you are supposed to remove and then run the engine and tap the muffler while revving the engine (difficult to do by yourself!). I have 400 hours on mine and done this a number of times and I have yet to see any carbon blow out. I am guessing that the combustion is so complete with the "clean fuel" that this is no longer a problem. Has anyone found "junk" blowing out on the newer X series machines?

628pm

Site Supporter
Never seen anything come out, but as stated earlier, I just remove the bolt and run if for 10 or more miles.

Under Colorado law, you evidently do not need a flame arrestor if you have a turbocharged engine, which mine is. Therefore, they put on a different exhaust system without the arrestor. Oh darn!!

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
So any solution yet for the X series ?> got to get that Spark / POWER Suppression OUT ! 2014 X1100C
Anyone just cut the muffler off and put on a strait pipe?

Last edited: