What year RTV?

yo-dt

It is a Model RTV 1100 Serial number is 13045.
Product ID is krtv110071013045.
Would like to know what year it is?
Thanx
yo-dt

yo-dt

cov62431,
Thanx for the quick response. The seller keeps saying it is a 2008 and I thought the serial number seemed too low for a 2008. Do you know approximately when the 2008 numbers started for the Kubota RTV 1100?
Why I ask is because perhaps the owner bought it in 2008.
Thanx
yo-dt

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Product ID is krtv110071013045

Using your serial #, the "7" is the spot for the model year.
K = Kubota
RTV = RTV
1100 = Model (mine is 900A)
"7" = model year
"10" = a fixed number that's in all of them.
"13045" is the sequence number for that year. That number is a bit low as I'm thinking they do about 50,000 a year so my guess would be somewhere in Spring 2007.

cov62431

I agree with zoom. I mainly work on pick-ups in our fleet, and now the boss wants me to work on the kubotas. On the trucks it is possible to have an '08 manufactured in mid '07 but sold as an '08. The previous owner could have bought it as an '08 but it was built in '07. I could be wrong, I'm still learning myself!

yo-dt

What year RTV>

BCZOOM, I knew there had to be some type of coding in the vin that identified year. Now "we all" know.

Thanx again.
yo-dt

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
BTW. Just throwing this out should someone search and find this thread.

In some states, registering your RTV (or any other ATV/UTV) is required.

If you go to register it, in some states the VIN# fails. All other vehicles from cars to ATV's have 17-digit VIN's. For some reason Kubota only put in 16 so the software kicks it out as in invalid VIN. It's been a few years, but I worked with the state and had them get around it. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe I had them add another zero to the "10" section to get around it. We put it there as that seems to be a stagnant, somewhat irrelevant portion of the VIN.

yo-dt

BCZOOM, you ain't heard nothing yet. I had to renew my driver's license. (required every 10 years in WI.) Took eye test and tester said I failed. She restricted me with a requirement for a right hand mirror on any vehicle I drive. I protested, she refused. I went to eye doctor and was quoted eyes are great including peripheral. Took doctor form back to DMV and requested removal of restriction. They made me jump though hops and forms for 45 minutes. I stood tall and finally got my unrestricted license. As I left they said it as not their fault and I was the blame. I said guess who pays your salary and if I had the power as a boss I would have you fired. I quickly exited the building with a smirk on my face.
yo-dt

Curious... What is the asking price for the 07 1100 and how many hours ? Of the ones I looked at there is only 2-3k difference between used and new. At this rate hardly pays to go used without warranty.

yo-dt

New 1100's are over $20K the '07 I am looking at has 200 hours and a few dents for $11,800.00
yo-dt

Better jump on that... I certainly would. I have two prices slighly below 17k for an order out 1100. ( Minocqua and Dale Kubota stores ) For the minor usage I have, mainly joy riding on the property, I would like to find a used machine. The store in Dale has nine locations and they get used in from time to time. If one does show up I am on the list, how far down I don't know. Salesman said they did get two 1100s back in trade and they brought 12k. Unknown hours or year of manufacture. I would like one with a cab and a later model so my choices are limited.
Your paying five grand less for a five year older model with no warranty. I doubt if you could lease one for that difference in price.

yo-dt

I bought and must pick it up 600 miles from me in Wisconsin. Working on logistics of the move.
U-Haul has an auto transport but dimensions between the floor ramps is 42 1/2 inches and front tread center to center of RTV, according to RTV 1100 specifications, is 45.3. Assuming 10 inch wide tires that leaves 35 inches or 3 1/2 inches inside tire hang over on each ramp bed. I could use a 6x12 open trailer that U-Haul has but not a dealer will let them go one way. I called U-Haul headquarters and they say they do rent one-way 6x12 trailers. I asked them to find me one near my pick-up location. They have not responded yet!
I tried having it truck shipped with a bid of $450.00. That is $150.00 for broker and $300.00 for trucker but no one has accepted this offer after being posted for 4 days.
Looks like I am stuck with hauling a trailer down and back.
This was supposed to be a Valentines present for my wife but may end up being an Easter present!
Will send pics. when I get it home!
yo-dt

I hate buying things that far away that you can't look at first. I would do the drive and check it out before handing over the cash. I couldn't see much going wrong in 200 hours. I wouldn't doubt some new purchasers that put on alot of hours don't buy an extra hour meter and replace the original one a year or so before the sale. In four years of use that equates to 50 hours a year, approximately one hour a week. Thats a pretty expensive unit to own for one hour of operation every seven days.
If there is a dealer sticker on it I would contact them to see if any warranty or repairs were done. Was this one won on E Bay ? They seem to run the same ones week after week.
Not only do you own a nice UTV but a mini vacation to retrieve it. Can't beat that package. Good luck on the trip.

Sooooooo, did you get the rtv or was there some problems along the way. It's almost a month since you set out to retrieve it.

DIXIEDOG

that equates to 50 hours a year, approximately one hour a week. Thats a pretty expensive unit to own for one hour of operation every seven days.

Not too surprising really....I don't know what the average is but I've seen alot of them with less than that. I haven't put an hour a week average on my 500 yet and I bought it new so the hour meter hasn't been changed. It's there when I need it and sits when I don't.

yo-dt

Kubota RTV 1100 is being delivered Saturday. Or at least that is what the trucker is saying now. There has been several delays due to truck break downs, other vehicle delivery cancellations, etc..
We shall see this Saturday March 12th!!!!

Dixie Dog;
The 1100 has a cab, heat, air, beautiful interior, stereo......... I can't help but think these features would not promote usage. Like the difference between riding an enduro bike vs a touring model. Which do you think is getting more attention?
The reason I am looking to buy the 1100 is the creature comforts. I know my wife and dog will spend alot of time touring the property and watching wildlife. It might be normal for many with low hours but I know ours will demand regular maint. and spin the hour meter frequently.

yo-dt;
Can't wait to see pictures...... I am busy working on the electrical system of a Bobcat and fitting the hood to the opening on a 66 coupe. Those Corvette assemblers never cared about body lines...
No suspects on a used 1100 on this end. Thinking about a demo if they drop the price a bit.

Tact

Agent Blue....If you have never been on corvetteforum.com, come on in and visit. I'm a mod there and our forum is strictly for corvette enthusiasts. We have a great site with over 261K members. There is a wealth of knowledge there and a fun place to visit.....just like here.

yo-dt

Tact,
I went to corvette site and found all new ones, none from the 60's as I own a 63 Corvette and would like to have seen articles on that era.