Does the Carpet match the drapes?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
PB and I were discussing tractor colors in his ZTR thread. It got me to thinking about how anal we can be about our tractors. Women are known for being color coordinated with everything, guys generally don't care.
But in multiple tractor forums that I have visited before starting this forum I have read that guys would get an implement and paint it to match or complement their tractor. After reading others were doing it, dang if I didn't pick up a few cans of orange paint and paint my back blade. My rotary cutter and rear finish mower are both still red. I haven't taken the paint can close to them yet. However the middle buster (aka potato plow), 3ph rake and box blade are all in line to get painted. Am I the only one going crazy like this. I know they will not work any better ... but I'm doing it anyway. Help me if you can. Please. :pat: :hide: :D

PBinWA

There's no hope for us! I just painted my Flail Mower Red. The only thing that isn't red or black is my tiller since it is still some what new looking.

I just buy Rustoleum Red and Black paint when ever it is on sale and then go to town on whatever needs it in the Spring or Fall.

Most of my implements are Red or black now.

My push mower, yard vacum, leaf blower, 25 Gallon Sprayer, Riding mower, Tractor and now my ZTR are all Red.

I didn't do it on purpose and I honestly thought I'd be buying a green or orange ZTR but it ended up being red too.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Orange (Kubota) & Yellow (KK) = Close the f**** enough for me.

You guys are nutz. :wtf:

I agree. Orange (Kubota); yellow (Monroe Back Blade); mustard yellow (leinbach rake and Woods box blade); green (Deere disc harrow and agro spreader); red (TSC tiller); rust (bunch of stuff)

Mith

I couldn't care less. I just paint stuff the colour of paint I have open :D

One day I'll finish painting the tractor black too, I started, but only got the seat pan painted.
I'm never going to sell it, so why make it look good ;)

B

bczoom

First, the title of this thread caught me off-guard in that there's only one place I ever hear or think of that question. :mrgreen:

I don't coordinate anything.
Tractor is green
RTV is orange
ZTR is red
I have several trailers which are either black, green, grey, red.
Implements and attachments are whatever color they came from the mfgr.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
First, the title of this thread caught me off-guard in that there's only one place I ever hear or think of that question. :mrgreen:

:yum: :yum: And .... where would that place be BC? :D

It was supposed to be an attention getter. :D

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Color doesn't help the implement ............... :bash:

I got orange, red, yellow, black .............. guess my new brush cutter will be green .......... :puke1:

Did I mention I hate to paint .......... :mrgreen:

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Tractor Blue
Rear Blade Red
Box Blade Red
Finish Mower Red
Carry all Red

Damn, I better buy a Red Tractor

jwstewar

Staff member
Tractor - NH Blue
Box Blade & Subsoiler - KK Yellow
Rototiller - Orange & Rust
Trailer Mover - Krylon Blue - almost NH Blue
Rotary Cutter - KK Old Ford Blue
Rear Blade & Dirt Scoop - Burnt Red and Rust - mainly rust
PHD - Burnt Red & Rust w/ Primer & Krylon Blue Spots

As I get around to cleaning them up and painting them (Yeah, right:hide2: ) I'll repaint them with the Krylon Blue trimmed w/ Black. Yes, I have big dreams and ambitions.:mrgreen:

BoneheadNW

What about the power garden tools. I own all Stihl products, so the chainsaw, brushcutter, and blower are orange to match the tractor.:waiting:

Oh, and I only work outside in an orange double-breasted coat (actually, my Carhart pants are close to orange).
Bone

REDDOGTWO

The color is what it is.

I just caught a bunch of flak at another forum because I told them it was just a tractor, a poster was looking at a new Kubota, a couple of minor scratches on the hood did not matter. There was one guy who thought the price should be thousands off due to the scratches. There also was a little ding in one of the fenders. Talk about anal.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I can see someone hoping a scratch is worth a few thousand off. Must be a tractor newbie for sure. :pat: :yum: :yum:

REDDOGTWO

A lot of the posters there seem quite new with a lot of them having posts of under 100 each and they all act like experts.

Mith

I think if I were in a position to buy a brand new tractor I would want it in pretty good condition. I would refuse one that had sat on the lot for a while and had moss growing on it and such.

Sure once I get it then it'll get damaged, but from the dealer, I'd want it looking nice.
Heck, I'm quite happy to have plants growing on my machinery, I even trimmed the grass growing in the jeep :D

Of course If I were to buy a new tractor it would probably use all my life savings, so it'd be pretty special!
You wouldn't buy a brand new car the had a dent in the hood.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I agree Mith. I've seen new tractors at the dealers which had been sitting outside evidently for months. It had rust in a few places. That really turned me off, as I planned to keep any tractor i bought inside. The dealer woudl take a little off the price, but not enough to entice me to buy. Likewise a new tractor with a dent in the hood will not sell for top dollar ... but to expect thousands off because of a scratch or dent is truely wishful thinking. It simply won't happen.

M

mtntopper

I have too much work to do with the tractor to worry about the implement colors. They will all be scratched, dented, rusty and well used to justify the tractor purchase in the future. I am not in to buying specific brands. I have a mix of colors that I hope will do the best for each different job.

My tractor is dirty and has a few minor blemishes as well with only about 28 hours on the meter. I will assume it has gone down in dollar value and up in real world experience and work ethic....:thumb: So it is like me, worth more now than when new....:mrgreen:

Mith

I wouldn't expect thousands off no. I would ask them to order me a fresh tractor however, that isn't any skin off their teeth.

lb59

Everything should be black.
Plenty of cheap black touch up cans of spray paint at wall mart and it always matches.
You only have to keep one color on hand = no more having 15 different colors of half used dried up paint scattered all over the place.