It went click click click, backfired, and died....

jwstewar

Staff member
The new clutch came in yesterday. After the sun went down, I was able to put it on. I had the mower up on ramps so I had plenty of room. I first put a little bit of wheel bearing grease on the inside of the bearing where it slides on the shaft. I then connected the electric wire and made sure it was good and tight. I put the clutch up by hand until where I felt the notich needed to be and put it up a little bit more, but I couldn't get it to stay or go any farther. I then got an idea and went a got a hydraulic bottle jack. I then repeated the process and put the jack in place. I slowly jacked it until I could line the pin up that keeps the whole thing from spinning. Got that aligned and then finished raising the jack. It slowly slid up the shaft and finally the whole mower started raising. I then backed the jack back off and installed the bolt with my battery impact wrench. Installed the belt and put the tie rod back on. I then used it for about 5 minutes to make sure the clutch was working. Before I take it back, I'm going to change the blades and I think it should be in good shape for awhile. Hopefully.