Best and Worst

RoadKing

Overdrive Digital, a publication serving America's truckers, published it's annual list of the best roads and worst roads in America, based on a survey of their own readers...

WORST ROADS
1. Louisiana
2. Pennsylvania
3. Oklahoma
4. California
5. Arkansas

BEST ROADS
1. Texas
2. Florida
3. Tennessee
4. Virginia
5. Ohio

WORST SEGMENT
1. I-10 Louisiana
2-3. (tie) I-40 Oklahoma and I-80 Pennsylvania
4. I-40 Arkansas
5. I-5 California

BEST SEGMENT
1. I-40 Tennessee
2. I-75 Florida
3. I-10 Texas
4. I-81 Virginia
5. I-80 Ohio

MOST IMPROVED SEGMENT
1. I-40 Arkansas
2. I-80 Pennsylvania
3-4. (tie) I-30 Arkansas and I-10 Louisiana
5-6. (tie) I-75 Georgia and I-44 Missouri

WORST FOUR-WHEELERS
1. New York
2. California
3. Illinois
4. Florida
5. Texas

BEST FOUR-WHEELERS
1. Texas
2. California
3-4. (tie) Wyoming and Tennessee
5. Minnesota

TOUGHEST TRUCK INSPECTIONS AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
1. California
2. Ohio
3. Pennsylvania
4. Iowa
5. Connecticut

WEAKEST TRUCK INSPECTIONS AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
1. Alabama
2. Texas
3. Oklahoma
4. West Virginia
5. South Carolina

The survey also found that road rage increased during the past year, with 31 percent saying it increased significantly.

New York beat also beat out California for the honor of having the worst automobile drivers; Texas again had the best drivers.

Alabama continues to have the weakest truck inspections and law enforcement; California has the toughest.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I am surprised to see Ohio in there for toughest enforcement. PA always seemed worse to speed through to me. :hide:
I'm also surprised that WV roads we not rated as one of the worst. Most roads are horrible. Big ole pot holes.
Good post.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Now they need a rating for the most orange barrels. They are popping out all over here in Ohio. The orange barrel season overlaps spring, summer and fall here in Ohio. :pat:
How about where you are?

Milwaukee

No way. Michigan is most worse have bad road. I have bend 1 rim and broke rear strut shock on 79 f150 on pot hole that you couldn't see at night time.

Several of my friends end tow cars to home why it smash oil pan from huge pot holes.

That why I bought truck for that but still awful.