Kioti loader roll back issue ??

BigAl

1st post so be gentle . I am the proud owner of a DK45 TLB . It has the LA1590 loader . I have been very happy with the tractor overall . The one issue I have is the roll back of the front bucket . It needs more . Any other Kioti Owners notice this . Can I just shorten the linkage or change the pin location ??

Big Al

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

I'm not familiar with that model but I'm sure there is something you can do.

Jim

Mith

First off, welcome!

Could you post a picture of the linkage and ram location, it might be possible to compare it to a tractor with better roll back, to see what could be done to make it better.

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome!!!!!!!!!

Picture would be nice AL, I have the DK45s with the KL451 which I believe was brought out just to address the rollback issue. I haven't heard of any modification or correction for the KL1590.

Mark777

The one issue I have is the roll back of the front bucket . It needs more ..... . Can I just shorten the linkage or change the pin location ??

Big Al

Hi Big Al,

I'd like to welcome you too :mrgreen: !

As Mith indicated, actually seeing your current bucket ram connection points would determine what is necessary to modify the amount of curl.

Being a little disappointed in the amount of dump and curl travel in your loader bucket is a fairly common issue. Loader manufacturers use a common geometry dictated by hydraulic ram travel. With the ram(s) already attached to the loader arms, the travel distance from fully collapsed to fully extended pre-determines the final fixture points to the bucket.

Ideally the bucket travel will be 90°+, or true horizontal with the bucket edge to a perfectly flat surface. and the ram fully extended. The same holds true with the rams fully contracted, the bucket will be 90°+ to hold the maximum contents at level. Static or float is the center of the rams travel.

I'm fairly sure that the loader manufacturers compromise intentionally for a few reasons. The first and primary reason is off set attachment points can cause mechanical interference...or simply put, the hydraulic rams will, in short order, tear the attachment points off the bucket (or worse, off the loader arms), and the second is, AS desirable more curl would be, they limit it to keep the contents of the bucket from spilling debris on the tractor and operator when elevating the loader arms at a given height.

The short and dirty version is Yes, you can reposition the ram attachment points (or re-drill existing ones) but you have to consider that 1" at the axis can exaggerate up to 6" to the outside edge (in either direction). Clear as mud?

Apologize for the long winded response.

Mark

Mark777

OK, it's been a few hours since I checked in and I re-read my above post....

Does any one understand what I said??.....:yum:

:no:

Next time I'm going with English!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
OK, it's been a few hours since I checked in and I re-read my above post....

Does any one understand what I said??.....:yum:

:no:

Next time I'm going with English!

Yep! Makes perfect sense to me. :thumb:

I even gave you rep points for such a well thought out response.

Good job Mark!!!!!!
(I'm guessing Big Al has not seen this post yet or I'm sure he would have replied.)

BigAl

My tractor is at the ranch in Idaho and I am temporarily in Calif taking care of my fathers health issues . My nieghbor here ,bought the same model Kioti tractor after seeing mine . I can grab some pictures of it to show you what I am up against .
The bucket dump angle is almost too much . I don't do a lot of transporting with the front bucket , but it is a pain when I do .

Mith

Another solution is to lengthen the bracket that the bottom pins in the bucket attach to. This makes the bottom of the bucket further away from the arms.
Changing the roll back position will affect how powerful the roll back operation is though.

BigAl

Here's a few Pictures . I hope this helps .
Tractor bucket is shown in full dump and full roll back position .

Attachments

• tractor.jpg
    tractor.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 39
  • tractor1.jpg
    tractor1.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 38
  • tractor2.jpg
    tractor2.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 42

Mark777

Al,

I agree. There should be more curl to control the bucket contents.

The circled (IMHO) area shows that some modification would provide you with additional curl. There appears to me enough 'extra' travel with your hydraulic rams, and in the right direction. I'm not sure why Kioti elected to design the loader bucket mounts with a tapered or diagonal design, but it could be part of their factories 'compromise' earlier mentioned.

Beautiful piece of equipment btw :thumb: .

Attachments

• curl.jpg
    curl.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 38

Mith

Excuse my crude drawing, but it appears that if you extended the bottom pin bracket then you would get more roll back, and I cant see it would foul on anything. You appear to have plenty of dump angle.

In the drawing, the black is what is there already, and the red shows the bottom pin extension. It would probably be quite an easy modification to make.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    6.8 KB · Views: 32

rback33

I am new to the forum coming over from a different one. There is a complete kit you can buy that gives you both more rollback angle as well as power. Kit comes with new linkages, cylinders and an appropriate attachment. You either need a new QA or or new ears welded on your bucket. It will not be done under warranty because the loader meets Kioti's specs, but sometimes dealers work things out so it's not too painful.

shinnlinger

What if you re drilled the top pin on both sides of the bucket maybe 6 inches higher than originaly mounted? You could diconect the top pin and manually roll the bucket back (or just lower the bucket on a log or rock or something to roll it back )and see if a higher mount would help.

PS I like the 69 F 250 in the background

Dougster

Old Member
Those "BigAl" posts are over 4 months old and Big Al apparently hasn't been around since so I'm guessing he solved his problem or gave up!

I had a similar (lack of) rollback concern with my Mahindra 4110 with ML112 loader and never did come up with a good way to increase the angle with my tractor-style buckets. Ultimately, my new CAT skidsteer bucket, with it's longer base and steeper QA attachment angle, solved the problem and I have never looked back. :)

Dougster