MF2615 Fuel Tank Upgrade

MF2615Fred

My MF dealer has ordered a no cost replacement dual pick-up fuel tank for my year old tractor. Which should eliminate the fuel starvation it has when on a incline opposite the fuel pick up point.
They would do the exchange for free but charge me the tractor transportation fee to and from their shop. I may do the work myself.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Before you decide on whether to take it to them or do it yourself, using a shop manual or looking at the tractor itself, see what it would take to pull the tank. I was going to pull mine last year for cleaning but it wasn't going to be an easy process. As I recall (from sitting here at my desk), I was going to have to pull the dash and all electric, steering column maybe...

MF2615Fred

I decided I'm going to have the dealer take it to their shop for the upgrade and do a 1 year 'look over' while it is there. I have the shop manual and it calls for hood and dash removal, along w/fuel line, quantity sensor, etc.

My farm shed is going to be expanded this year and really am not set up to do the work myself right now.

My WV farm is very hilly where a dual fuel pick up is a must. It is a safety concern when the tractor dies at the worst possible time, when I am on a steep section of terrain.