MF 35 mystery lever

sweetwater

New member here with a question about a recently acquired tractor. It is I believe a MF35 Deluxe model. On the dash below the tach and to the left of the throttle there is a short chrome lever that rotates. Can't tell that it does anything in any position. Does anyone know what this lever may be. TIA for any help

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum.

Can you see or feel behind the dash to see if it's mechanical or electrical?

If mechanical, is it for fuel shut-off?

If electrical, can you get the color of the wires? There's images on-line (just go to google images and type in your tractor and the words wiring diagram) that give wiring diagrams for the tractor and with the wire colors, it should be pretty quick to find.

sweetwater

Re Mystery Lever

Haven't had much time to explore the lever yet. The tractor is living at my son's house about 25 miles from me so I have to wait until I am over there to try to look it over. We need to do some repair to the hinges on the hood, so I figured when we had the sheet metal off working on that it would be a good time to try to trace the lever. I have looked at images of several 35s and as yet have not seen another one with that lever so it is possible that it is something that a previous owner added. If and when I get it figured out I will post the answer here.

sweetwater

Never would have guessed a light. I guess that it was built to rotate to illuminate different points on the dash. Hopefully this weekend I will get a chance to go up to my son's house and check it out.

willie weed

kinda crazy i know but you have to thing about how things were when it was built. i would have ever know if the old man down road hadn`t of told me. according to him that is part of the deluxe package. i still have no reason to try and get mine going, i`m a sunup to sundown guy.lol!

sweetwater

I doubt that ours will ever be functional again either, but it is nice to be able to cross another item off of the I wonder what this is list.