Mahindra 4110 early model

doug1948

Hi, new to the forum and just recently took custody of a family owned Mahindra 4110 tractor. The oil is very dirty and needs changing. I also want to change the filter. There is a dealer that I can order one from for $10.00, but they want $20.00 shipping & handling. Does anyone have a part number for one I can get from an auto parts store?

Thanks
Novice owner

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your tractor.
The first thing you'll need is your tractor serial number and if possible, the OEM filter model that is for that tractor.
Loaded with those 2 pieces of information, hit a couple car part stores. I walked in last week with the OEM part # for my tractor's filter and through a quick cross-reference, found the one I needed.
I did a quick google search for Mahindra 4110 oil filter and here's some results that appeared. PLEASE NOTE!!! I did not explicitly cross-reference these to the OEM # nor confirm these so double check.

Purolater L14619
Fram PH3985
Lee LF2801
WIX 51626
AC PF9
NAPA 1626 & there may be another NAPA.
K&N2007

Regarding your oil being dirty, that's the nature of a diesel. Being the new owner, it's best to change it but don't be surprised if after you change your oil, it doesn't look black again even after just a couple minutes of running. Yea, it's disheartening but that's just the way things are with diesels.

doug1948

Thank you BCZoom. I do know the ser# says it is the early model.
I am not familiar with diesels and did not know the oil looks dirty right away.
Your info will save me some anxiety when I change it and if it still looks dirty.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You're welcome.
Don't take my info on filters without a double check. Your early model may require a different filter.

UncleBuck

I just did a quick search on Wix filters and they show 3 listings for the 4110, all use the #51381 oil filter. look here:http://www.wixfilters.com/filterloo...&TempSubMake=1086&TempModel=33521&TempEngine=
Cross check it yourself, don't take my word for it.

Late to this post but I have all three wix filters on my 2002, mod 4110, now, switched about 3-4 yrs ago. also napa filters are made by wix and they should carry these filters at your local napa store ...wix #51381 = napa gold #1381