Diesel in crankcase?????

Bill D

Why would fuel get into the crankcase on a YM240D :sad:
Any one had this problem???? It starts hard also.
Thanks & God bless
Bill D

Mark777

He Bill and welcome to NTT!

It's not uncommon, with age, that the fuel leaks past the pump "O" rings (#24). They will eventually crack or break from heat and cool cycling (and wet-dry cycling). Once they're a problem, fuel leaks past the pump internal assembly through the timing case cover, and directly into your crankcase!

Mark

Attachments

• 240 pump.jpg
    240 pump.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 54

Bill D

He Bill and welcome to NTT!

It's not uncommon, with age, that the fuel leaks past the pump "O" rings (#24). They will eventually crack or break from heat and cool cycling (and wet-dry cycling). Once they're a problem, fuel leaks past the pump internal assembly through the timing case cover, and directly into your crankcase!

Mark
Sooooooo that means a rebuild or new pump right ???? :unhappy:
Oh well the education goes on & on & on:bangin:
Thanks Mark777 for the quick response & God bless
Bill D

Mark777

Sooooooo that means a rebuild or new pump right ???? :unhappy:
Oh well the education goes on & on & on:bangin:
Thanks Mark777 for the quick response & God bless
Bill D

NO....:yum: It means a simple removal of the inlets and replace the O rings. You don't have to remove the pump. These pumps are 'hardy' and trouble free providing the fuel filters are serviced (replaced) and fresh, clean fuel is used.

As a quick/easy fix, how about a manual fuel shut off valve?

Yep, that will work as a temporary fix, but you may still have the fuel pipes drain into, and through the pump....(not nearly as much though):cool:

I have the same problem with a MF 165, fuel filling the crankcase. How hard is it to re-build and adjust?

I'm not sure on the Massey's, but I've had three pumps, on three different occasions, apart on the Yanmar tractors....and I've leaned my lesson :pat: It's better left to the guys that specialize in pump repair. The metering rod, rack and helical-gears are all critical to the pump timing and IMHO, the most complicated part of the tractors. The most I've paid was $225. for a pump overhaul - that was bad (plus I worked on it which didn't help :yum: )

Mark

Bill D

Diesel in crankcase

:mrgreen: Thanks mark you made my day, I will swap them out, drain & refill CC and see how it goes, I never have messed with injector pumps but I am used to working with close tolerances in the machine shop.
BUT I will leave it to the pro,s.
Thanks once again & God bless.
Bill D