Home, Sweet Home

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Some of you asked to see pictures of my place and tractors. Well, one of the tractors is at the farm. I'll be bringing it home today but I did manage to take some pictures of the house yesterday. It's about 13 acres all told. About 4 acres is "yard" and the rest pasture. With all the work I do at my M-I-L's 150 acre farm that's big enough to keep me busy most of the time without being overwhelmed. We've lived here for about 11 years and to be honest, I can't see us leaving anytime soon.

Attachments

• Photo 1.JPG
    Photo 1.JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 852
  • Photo 2.JPG
    Photo 2.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 876
  • Photo 3.JPG
    Photo 3.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 876
  • Photo 4.JPG
    Photo 4.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 886
  • Photo 5.JPG
    Photo 5.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 952

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Here are some more. I sure hope I did this correctly.

Attachments

• Photo 6.JPG
    Photo 6.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 849
  • Photo 7.JPG
    Photo 7.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 838
  • Photo 8.JPG
    Photo 8.JPG
    192.8 KB · Views: 836
  • Photo 9.JPG
    Photo 9.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 822
  • Photo 10.JPG
    Photo 10.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 827

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Very nice indeed. I can't believe how green your grass still is. Ours has died and is all yellowish looking. Heck yours looks like you just mowed it. :thumb:

What do you use to mow your grass? Just wondering if you went the ZTR route. I mow about 4 acres and the ZTR saves me a good bit of mowing time.

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Very nice indeed. I can't believe how green your grass still is. Ours has died and is all yellowish looking. Heck yours looks like you just mowed it. :thumb:

What do you use to mow your grass? Just wondering if you went the ZTR route. I mow about 4 acres and the ZTR saves me a good bit of mowing time.

Down here the weather has been cool enough that the "good" grass has quit growing but it hasn't been cold enough to kill it off yet.

I use a Befco 60" rear discharge finishing mower with mulching kit behind the B2400. Knowing what I know now, I would have probably gone a different route on a mowing machine in the beginning. I think I would have got a front mounted mower (ZTR or commercial golf course machine) and a bigger tractor right from the start. Although 8 years ago when I got the B2400, there wasn't the selection of CUTs that there is now so I wouldn't have anything like the GL4740. Now that I've had the "little one" for so long I'll probably never get rid of it because most of my impliments are sized for it. Although, I must say, I was sitting on a beautiful SCAG and a Kubota ZTR about a month ago but if one does show up at the house, it'll be in addition to rather than instead of. Do you think that "she who must be obeyed" would notice? It would mean that I'd have to build the barn that she so desperately wants in order to get my "junk" out of the garage. Hey, I can't see a downside to this ..... except for the financial aspect.

Erik

make me a killer offer on the bx24? I get a deal to replace the stolen tractor, you get to tell your wife you're helping a guy out - AND you get new toys! ;)

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds like me a few years ago. I used the Kubota and a 72" RFM for most of the mowing duties. Around the house we had an older simplicity 17hp tractor w/ 48" deck. Together we could get er done in 1 1/2 hours. Then the simplicity blew up. I knew it was on it's last leg. I had babied it along. The wife was driving it and I hear a big BOOM. She was done. Replacing it we went through all the possibilities. I wanted a ZTR but they were expensive. So I was going to get another garden tractor for 2 to 3k. I was looking at used JD's and could not find one in the price range. Finally the boss said I want a ZTR and you want a ZTR, so lets bite the bullet and get want we both know we need. We splurged and bought a Scag Wildcat. 62" momwer deck. It is sweet. I considered the Kubota ZTR and Grasshopper (front end mower) but they were over 10k each. :eek:
With the scag I can mow the whole yard in 1 hr 50 minutes. Just 20 minutes more than it took us with two mowers going. It's more fun to mow too. :D