CheyennePaints Ranch

shinnlinger

Bindain,

That is a nice place, I like the trees.

Mobius,

$10,000 will by you a decent used mini x which is at least 3x the digger of anything you can put on your kubota.

Irwin,

WHen that rock biz takes off, let me know, I have the inventory. Last year, when I was looking for a place to dump all the rocks from my excavations, I found 2 huge piles that some farmer made 200 years ago clearing the feilds around here (Glad it was him and his ox and not me)

Dougster

Old Member
Maybe you can make some money Doug, lets start a partnership " Stoning the Rockless inc." I've been wondering that for a couple years. The big question will it be worth the time and investment? I'm sure there's a full trailer truck load sitting in piles around my place, not counting the stonewalls (they stay) I don't think of the stones as special so I haven't got loads of pictures...... If we invest in the truck lease/rental, you and I could load it up here...and using the wide web we can find those rich, rock poor folks.
Maybe I shouldn't have hung up so fast on that guy who wanted me to clear his property of rocks and pay him for the privilege!!! :D

This also reminds me of a guy not far from here who kept getting rocks stolen out of his loose fieldstone fence! He eventually put up a 4x8 foot sign cursing the folks who did it and warning others to leave his fence alone (using words I can't print here)... so maybe this high demand for rocks is a fact! :rolleyes: I just never realized it before! :)

Dougster

irwin

Bindain,

Irwin,

WHen that rock biz takes off, let me know, I have the inventory. Last year, when I was looking for a place to dump all the rocks from my excavations, I found 2 huge piles that some farmer made 200 years ago clearing the feilds around here (Glad it was him and his ox and not me)

Alright shinnlinger,

We'll have to start at your place with the first load, meet Doug and Me here in Conn. We load up the second truck and convoy down south to riches..$$$$ :starbucks: :starbucks: or maybe :shitHitsFan: we have 2 trucks full of rocks that we end up dumping into the Gulf of Mexico:oops: More likely we're able to sell them for only a slight loss of capital. :hide:

Dougster

Old Member
Alright shinnlinger,

We'll have to start at your place with the first load, meet Doug and Me here in Conn. We load up the second truck and convoy down south to riches..$$$$ :starbucks: :starbucks: or maybe :shitHitsFan: we have 2 trucks full of rocks that we end up dumping into the Gulf of Mexico:oops: More likely we're able to sell them for only a slight loss of capital. :hide:
The New England Rock Company is born!!! :D

Dougster :starbucks:

xPosTech

I'll trade you guys load for load mesquite cookin' wood for rocks.:yum: :yum: :yum:

Actually, parts of Texas has plenty of rocks. We have limestone, granite, sandstone etc. We have rocks with dinosaur footprints in them. Mom has found arrowheads raking leaves in the front yard at Lake Sam Rayburn. Here's a couple of pictures of Texas rocks; some small and medium ones :wink: and a big solid granite one. :rolleyes:

Ted :tiphat:

Attachments

• Crawlers.jpg
    Crawlers.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 484
  • 256px-Enchanted_rock_2006.jpg
    256px-Enchanted_rock_2006.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 602

mscott

Real nice RED tractor!!!! If my old Jinma ever gets to the point it costs more to fix then its worth I may go with a Mahindra.......

Attachments

• beast.jpg
    beast.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 469

shinnlinger

xpos,

Nothing like an early Bronco collection to set a landscape off...

scott,

Is that an orange loader lurking at the ready?

ki0ho

Gold Site Supporter
I hope you never cut down that water tree I see in your yard!! I saw them here in MO. and could not figure why they would grow like that until I was reading about the Osage Indians and read that they would bend a tree like that to point to a drinkable water sourse. any way just saying sometimes it is good to hang on to the old things. Jerry

B

bczoom

I hope you never cut down that water tree I see in your yard!! I saw them here in MO. and could not figure why they would grow like that until I was reading about the Osage Indians and read that they would bend a tree like that to point to a drinkable water sourse. any way just saying sometimes it is good to hang on to the old things. Jerry
Are you talking about the bent tree trunk in the picture below?

We have those around us but they're bent trunk is caused naturally. It happens when another (larger) tree falls on this one and causes it to bend over, completely to the ground. A new shoot comes out after a couple years and starts growing. The part that has been pushed onto the ground by the bigger tree eventually snaps off and composes.

attachment.php

ki0ho

Gold Site Supporter
bent trees

I hadnt thought about it hapening naturaly!!! Had just seen them around and wondered about the way they were bent. and then when I read about the osage indians doing it.to show the direction to water, Just figured it was so...... I have been taking notice as to the direction they are pointing around here and so far theydoo point towards the lake. Just something I find interesting. chears Jerry:tiphat:

Bindian

I have another one of those bent trees. This one I built the pond around, near my driveway. The photo was taken April 28, 2009.
hugs, Brandi

Attachments

• 4-28-09 It's offical....the pond is full.jpg
    4-28-09 It's offical....the pond is full.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 424