21e2l4x.jpg

35mpsaw.jpg

152gu9v.jpg

358wg48.jpg

9iwr55.jpg

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the pictures! Last time I saw one in person was in the early '70's when I lived in Nebo La. (the boonies back then) Beautiful birds alright. Bordercollie

waltsp

They are actually quite common in these parts (South Central Texas).
They are just so quick it makes it almost impossible to catch them.
This one was just off of the road and I was able to back up since I had the camera in the passenger seat and catch these images. When this guy moved, My Nikon D40 on rapid fire only caught a few images that were not just a blur.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good pics.
He did indeed look fast standing still.
I've never seen one in the wild.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
You just have to talk nice to it. Ask it to sit still and smile for the camera.

DSCN2945rL&RRunner-DV2003.JPG

(camping in Death Valley, 2003) :)

Wile E. Coyote

You just have to talk nice to it. Ask it to sit still and smile for the camera.

(camping in Death Valley, 2003) :)

Death Valley huh? Now I'm hungr . . .errr. . . interested.

I'll have to look it up on my ACME GPS unit (if the durn thing doesn't blow up on me again). :mad2:

Wile E. Coyote

I'll have to look it up on my ACME GPS unit (if the durn thing doesn't blow up on me again). :mad2:

Actually, the last ACME GPS unit guided me right off a 200 foot cliff, the one before that guided me into a tunnel that was painted onto the side of a mountain. I need to shop somewhere else from now on. :huh:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
A Good Time Remembered

Absolutely the best!! By the way Sirs , I saay, Have any of you seen my old friend Col Fog E Leghorn?? Thank you kindly , I saay .... An appreciator of the best cartoon show ever....Bordercollie

Wile E. Coyote

Absolutely the best!! By the way Sirs , I saay, Have any of you seen my old friend Col Fog E Leghorn?? Thank you kindly , I saay .... An appreciator of the best cartoon show ever....Bordercollie

I don't know about that old bird. I'll ask Sylvester the next time I see him on Facebook.

250px-Crowing_pains-PD_Looney_Tunes-_sylvester_%2B_foghorn.png

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you Kindly Wile. I gotta go to amazon and find some of the original 60's cartoons soon. p.s. Something just zipped by the hen house ...clop clop beep beep zipppppppppppppppppppppp .................. Bordercollie

MBDiagMan

E-5, US Army 1968 to 1971
Site Supporter
We have Road Runners around our place and in this area, although it's been awhile since I saw one. For those who have never seen them in the flesh, they run like you wouldn't believe. It's easy to see where the animators got their idea from.