RTV extra hydraulic hookup uses

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
On the RTV900 (and I suspect the 1100) if you have the hydraulic dump bed then you also have a couple of extra hydraulic hookups for tools or what not.

Just wondering what you guys have used those for? I'm looking for ideas on what I might do with mine.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Here's a blog on Messick's site about the hyd accessories offered (by Kubota).
http://www.messicks.com/blog/post/Kubota-RTV-Power-Tool-Accessories-RTV-900.aspx

Personally, I think it's nice to have options but since I/we have tractors and other machines, the latter are better suited to the job. A hydraulic chainsaw just seems cumbersome dragging around hyd lines and distance constraints vs. just grabbing the Husky.

Also, I don't like tying up a tractor or RTV with things like a hyd log splitter. When I'm doing firewood, I want the tractor available for dragging logs, RTV available for hauling and the splitter should be its own unit at the wood shed.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yeah, I agree Brian.
I was surprised I didn't see a snow plow or blade on there. Can you hook up a blade and control it via hydro? How about a show blower? All these guys talk about moving snow with their RTV's you must be able to do the hydraulics ...or do you have to add more hydraulics to do that job?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
On the RTV900 (and I suspect the 1100) if you have the hydraulic dump bed then you also have a couple of extra hydraulic hookups for tools or what not.

Just wondering what you guys have used those for? I'm looking for ideas on what I might do with mine.

Doc, I use mine for my hydraulic adjusted weed wiper. The plastic hydraulic oil tank gets heated up quickly so I had to add a cooler. I did overkill on it and got one with a thermostatically controlled fan . It you look at the utility model, you can see the small rad type cooler K added to it. My overkill, off brand oil cooling radiator, works well and costs a fraction of the oem cooler. I didn't even need the fan. I feel confident that the hydraulics would stay a good ,safe operating temperature with this radiator added.

http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14755&highlight=hydraulic+cooler+added bordercollie

Kanook

I saw a unit a couple years ago that used the dump box plumbing to angle left/right and a winch to raise /lower. The Blizzard that I have uses its own electricmotor run from the RTV to power its own pump for left/right and up/down (with down pressure) and float.

chad450r

Doc, at some point I would like to build a log cradle trailer, with a hydro controlled side dump using the hydro ports.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Doc, at some point I would like to build a log cradle trailer, with a hydro controlled side dump using the hydro ports.
That sounds like the best use I've heard yet as far as something I could use. Please keep us posted if you decide to go through with this project.

cpsseals

My 1100 uses the dump lever for the snowplow. I use a button mounted on the lever to switch the hydraulics from up and down to left and right. This was set up by the local kubota dealer. It saved a couple grand from using the kubota, dash mounted controls and hydraulics. The only unfortunate part is I must disconnect then reconnect the blade lines to the bed lines to use the power bed dump. I just keep the plow hooked in the winter and remove it completely for the summer

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Onfoot has the only feasible blower I have seen on an RTV. It has it's own 31 hp engine and pump. The RTV hydraulic are best suited to intermittent use due to pump size and volume of the system. They do offer a variety of tools but I agree with Zoom. Individual tools made for the job are preferable.

cpsseals

Onfoot has the only feasible blower I have seen on an RTV. It has it's own 31 hp engine and pump. The RTV hydraulic are best suited to intermittent use due to pump size and volume of the system. They do offer a variety of tools but I agree with Zoom. Individual tools made for the job are preferable.

:agree:

I was thinking about hooking up a power source so I could recharge my 18 volt dewalt batteries in the field or use an extension cord for other tools. Rather do that than buy hydraulic tools.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Switch to a heavier battery and install an inverter. I keep a couple stand-alone setups like that for quick power. Put a deep-cycle marine battery in a marine case and strap an inverter to the top of it.