Old English farm

Mith

Went up to my parents place this weekend. Not been there before.

The house dates from 1650ish. Its had quite a few additions since then however. About 10 acres in all, most of it is covered in nettles though....

Sorry about the picture, took it while driving across a field (its bumpy)

Image0942.jpg

Erik

Great picture!
nice looking setup, and the field doesn't look so bad from the angle you shot across it. ;)
you seem to have similar terrain as my place, a little bit off roll to the ground but mostly flat.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Very nice Mith. Your new tractor could have a ball on that place. Are you considering moving nearby?

PBinWA

Looks nice Mith - either you've got a odd relationship with your parents or it's a new place! How about some close-ups of the old buildings?

Mith

Erik, its all the divots from the cows. Makes it real bumpy when you get over 10mph or so!
Its pretty flat, a few lumps and bumps, some banks are 30 degrees or so, enough to make it hairy to drive across. It slopes down steeply on the other side of the yard to a lake and river.

Doc, thats what the tractor is for. Just do it up here and ship it 200 miles north to the farm. No plans to move near there myself at the moment, but its on the cards for the future.

PB, they've had it a little while now, newish I suppose. Thats the only picture I took unfortunately.

Cheers